Chapter 3 - Memories

Seokmin and Jisoo walked out of the house, holding hands tightly with smiles plastered on both faces. "I'm sure today's going to be fun~" Seokmin chuckled and lead the way for Jisoo. "We're going to walk there because it's good for our health." Jisoo shook his head and smacked the other lightly. "Dummy, it's far from my house we should take a bus."

Both of them fell into laughter and walked to the bus station nearby. Seokmin and Jisoo safely got into the bus and sat beside each other. Very close, no space between them, and both hearts beat faster. Seokmin cleared his throat to shoo the awkward atmosphere and looked at Jisoo. "Uhm Jisoo, do you like someone?" Jisoo who was staring outside the window looked at Seokmin in confusion. "Why do you ask? I think no one." Lies. He knew he liked Seokmin, his best friend. Seokmin nodded slowly and looked down at his fingers. Well he liked Jisoo, very much since the day Jisoo helped him and became his only friend.

Flashback.
It was raining heavily and there was Seokmin, alone at the bus station. The male didn't have an umbrella with him so he just waited, hoping for the rain to stop soon. After 2 hours, the rain still fell heavily and Seokmin was about to cry. It's cold and dark as the clock hit 7 pm. Seokmin hates darkness. It's scary for 16 years old Seokmin.

As he was looking down at his feet trying very hard to hold his tears, a male named Jisoo walked toward him. "Hey, buddy. You don't have an umbrella?" He asked politely. "I'm Jisoo and uh I can help you because I have an umbrella!" Jisoo smiled softly, showing that he's not a bad guy trying to kidnap Seokmin or something.

Seokmin looked up at the other and wiped his tears, nodding slowly. "My name is Seokmin. Really? Can you send me to this orphanage?" He showed Jisoo the business card with hope. "Of course! It's not far from my house so don't worry!" Jisoo reached out his hand and pulled Seokmin with him.

Both of them walked to the orphanage and got to know each other better. "My parents passed away because of an accident. I was 4 years old at that time and my grandma sent me here." Seokmin frowned before looking up at Jisoo who was quiet. "I didn't mean to ruin your mood I'm sorry.." Jisoo gasped and shook his head. "No! I was listening so don't worry. It's fine Seokmin. You have me as your friend now!" Jisoo patted his back gently. "My parents rarely come back home so you can come over to my place and we can play games!" Jisoo added while smiling brightly. Seokmin had never seen someone's smile resembles a moon before. Jisoo's smile brightened the dark around them like a moon.

"Sure, thank you Jisoo for being my first friend. I'm glad I met you earlier." Seokmin said, standing at the front door of the orphanage. "I just realized that we're going to the same school. I mean look at our uniform." Jisoo looked down at their uniforms and giggled. "That's even better! I can meet you everyday Minnie! But for now, you should go inside because it's cold." Jisoo smiled softly and bid his goodbye before walking home.

End of flashback.