Chapter 5

Another day came and Katakuri was busy once again. From what y/n understood Linlin sent him out on mission frequently but he'd always come back in due time. However this meant y/n would have nothing to do all day.

"Hello?" Y/n asked as she answered the door. A short little girl who was no older than 11 stood outside her down.

"You're l/n y/n right?" The little girl asked.

"That's me, yes. Who might you be?" Y/n asked poliely.

"Oh where are my manners? I'm Charlotte Pudding, one of Katakuri's sisters. I wanted to invite you to tea with me and a few of my other sisters."

"I'd be honored."

"Perfect I'll come get you in an hour, I'm hosting it in my private garden. See you then." She gave a flirty wave before walking away.

To y/n this was good news, the Charlotte children were attempting to get to know her. These were her future in-laws. She was actually being integrated in the family, but y/n knew it would be too good to be true. Once Pudding left, Alyssa came over from her room to visit her sister. Alyssa had been ordered by their father to not interfere with y/n and the Charlotte's plans. Good thing Alyssa liked to ignore her father.

"How does it feel? I'm thinking the Charlotte family is taking a liking to you." Alyssa said laying on her sister's bed as Y/n ran around trying to get ready.

"I am nervous. Katakuri is one thing, but his sister are going to tear me apart."

"You don't know that. Also how was your 'date' yesterday?"

"It was good. He's just a man of few words, but he's warming up to me. He's actually pretty kind once you get to know him."

"So do you know what he looks like... you know? Underneath?" Alyssa couldn't seem to get the words out, but y/n knew what she was referring to. It was that damn scarf.

"No, I don't. Believe me I've tried, but he's insistent about me not seeing what's under there. I'm not going to push him on it because it's not my business." Y/n explained to Alyssa. Soon a knock on the door concluded their time together. Pudding was on the other side ready to take y/n to an unfamiliar location. Entering Pudding's garden she saw four other women already sitting down at the tea table.

Of course there was Pudding and she was a darling child with her light brown pigtails and bangs covering her forehead. Her pink frilly dress flowed along as she walked with y/n.

There was Brûlée who was tall like Katakuri with long purple hair. She was very thin with gray skin. Brûlée was the 19th child of the Charlotte family.

Another woman was Poire, she had a wide smile with a perfect set of sharp teeth to go with. A small panda hat fit snug on her head. A large pink cloak sat on her shoulders. This was the 43rd child of the Charlotte family.

Then there was Custard, the 16th child of the Charlotte family. She actually is a triplet with her other siblings Cracker and Angel who y/n had yet to meet. Custard wore a pink jumpsuit with a log white cape and her hair was a bright purple bob.

Finally there was Myukuru who had short light teal hair and wore a long sleeve blue shirt. Myukuru was the 56th child in her family and was a quadruplet. Noticeable she had long arms but y/n figured it was because of her powers. Many of the Charlotte children had devil fruit powers or were crazy strong. Y/n noted that she should talk to Katakuri about his devil fruit.

All the Charlotte sisters seemed nice and inviting but this was 5 out of the 39 girls in the family. Y/n had a lot more in-laws to meet. Pudding sat down and y/n took the empty seat next to her as the gathering began. The girls poured their tea and coffee before they all introduced themselves to y/n.

"So y/n, how is our brother treating you?" The questioning had been started by Brulee. All eyes turned to y/n and what she would say.

"He's a gentleman, but just so reserved." Y/n paused and was about to go on before Poire cut her off.

"I would hope he's a gentleman, Mama raises all of the boys the right way." Myukuru said slamming her fist on the table. Brûlée gave her a look and her outburst, but the conversation continued.

"Are you settling in alright?" Pudding asked.

"I am, everything is a bit overwhelming." Y/n said with a smile and a sigh.

"No doubt moving islands to get married is never easy." Myukuru said with sympathy.

"I'm just happy Katakuri is getting a beautiful bride such as yourself." Custard said and the other sisters nodded in agreement. Y/n blushed at her flattery.

"Why thank you." Y/n blushed. This fluster was sweet, but a little too sweet.

"Now tell us what you really think of him." Brûlée said with a smirk. There it was, the questioning y/n was waiting for.

"I'm sorry?" Sweat began to form on her face.

"Relax y/n this is a safe space, we just want to know how you really feel about marrying our brother. We aren't going to tell him what you said." Piore said. Her smile never fading, it might have even intensified.

"Well I wasn't told about the marriage until the day before we left for the island. I was in a bit of shock from it, the only information I knew about your brother was through his wanted poster. He's mysterious and intimidating, it's frustrating how he's so distrusting. I just wish to understand him- break down his walls- you know?" Y/n said before she paused, trying to organize her thoughts.

The Charlotte sisters stared at y/n in shock at her confession.

"Did I overshare too much?" Y/n asked, becoming nervous with the lack of responses.

"You actually want to get to know him?" Pudding asked, surprised.

"I would like to have some type of connection with my future husband." Y/n said with a light laugh. The sister's exchanged glances as if they were having a psychic conversation.

"Is something wrong?" Y/n asked.

"He hasn't pushed you away?" Brûlée asked in complete disbelief.

"Yes and no. He did at first, but I think he's opened up to me." Y/n explained. Y/n wondered if Katakuri opening up to her was out of character for him. His sisters were surprised but this was normal to y/n.

"What about his face? Have you-" Pudding asked but y/n didn't let her finish. She knew what Pudding was going to ask.

"No. He asked me not to push it so, until he's ready I respect his privacy." Y/n truthfully told the sisters. What y/n didn't know was that Pudding, Poire, Myukuru, and Custard hadn't seen his face themselves.

After that final question the sisters decided to move topics. They instead wanted to get to know y/n's personal life. The rest of the time was spent sharing experiences and laughs between y/n and the sister. A few hours later, the sister and y/n said their goodbyes and parted ways.

Later that night Katakuri had returned home from his mission. He walked through the halls of his mother's castle as his sister came running up to him.

"Brother brother!" Pudding said as she grabbed his arm.

"What is it Pudding?" He asked before kneeling down to her level.

"I must speak to you about y/n."

"What about her?" Katakuri suddenly became concerned at the mention of his fiancé. Pudding waved him closer so she could whisper in his ear.

"She's a keeper." She whispered in his ear before snickering. Confusion was written all over his face.

"What are you even talking about?" He asked hoping to get some answers. However his little sister was not going to give them to him.

"Oh nothing! Bye bye!" She said before running down the hallway. Katakuri just stayed there on the ground, confused about what just happened.