Chapter 2

The next morning, y/n was on a ship to her future home. She sat on the deck holding a wanted poster of him, Charlotte Katakuri. His wanted poster was the only thing that gave her information about her fiancé. She didn't even know what he looked like until she got her hands on this wanted poster, but now she knew what to expect. Not going in totally blind was building her confidence on meeting him and his family. Even if she didn't want to, being a polite young lady to her future mother-in-law would keep her family's reputation alive.

The l/n family was one of the richest families known to the grand lane. Gold island was the island they lived on and own. It was the only place in the world where edible gold grew naturally, and it was a delicacy. Once Charlotte Linlin found out about the edible gold island, she wanted it. She was notorious for marrying off her children to powerful allies in order to bolster her crew's strength or to get what she wanted.

Y/n figured that her father had some type of deal with Big Mom hence the reason she was getting married. Y/n knew that if it wasn't her marrying Katakuri, her father had two other girls to marry off instead of herself. Y/n knew she had to be strong for her siblings, there was no other option. Being strong for her family wasn't hard, she'd been doing it since her teen years.

Y/n let out a groan before laying down on the deck floor.

"Are you alright Miss Y/n?" One of her attendants asked her.

"He's 43." Y/n whined, rubbing her hands down her face. Never did she think she'd be marrying a man twice her age. He didn't look that old to her, maybe late thirties but not 43. Of course she knew her father didn't care about who or what she married. At least she thought he was good looking from his wanted poster, but nothing about his personality.

"Age is just a number ma'am." Her attendant said, trying to be supportive.

"He's 16 years older than me." She yelled in frustration.

"Miss Y/n try to keep your voice down, we are approaching the island." Y/n quickly sat up and could see the island in the distance. Reality began to sink in, within the hour she'd be meeting her future husband. As the boat quickly approached Whole Cake Island she could feel her confidence slipping away.

"We must get you freshened up before we dock." Her attendant said taking her into one of the ship's cabins.

The moment had finally come, y/n took her first step on the island. Her new home was where she was being forced to spend her life with a husband who she didn't want to marry. She followed her father and some of Big Mom's children to the large castle where Lilin was expecting them in the throne room.

Charlotte Linlin was sitting in her large throne made of sweets. Y/n looked at her in awe and horror at the woman in front of her. The woman could crush y/n in her palm. Her shifted to the man sitting next to her chair. No doubt the man was her future fiancé. He was a giant compared to y/n, but she wasn't scared. Sure he was intimidating but she was prepared for him, but not his mother.

"It is a pleasure to see you again, Linlin. You look beautiful.." Her father walked up to her as he continued to kiss ass.

'Again? They've met before?' Y/n questioned. Y/n's theorizing was stopped when Big Mom slammed her hand on her chair making the ground shake.

"Drop the flattery l/n, I'm not here to see you." She yelled and you're father. He nodded, stepping back in line with the family. Y/n didn't move until her father pushed her forward to introduce herself. Now that she was standing here, her body was failing her.

"I-It's a pleasure to meet you Charlotte Linlin. Thank you for inviting us to your island." She said in a confident yet quiet voice as she gave a curtesy. Y/n looked over to Katakuri after her introduction. His signature scarf still wrapped around his neck, covering the bottom half of his face.

"She's timid and polite, good for a wife." Big Mom pointed out quite loudly to her son. He nodded. Y/n kept a neutral face when internally she was questioning her life.

"Katakuri." Big Mom warned her son after he didn't move. Y/n thought he was coming forward to introduce himself. However he didn't say anything, but held his hand out for her to take. She did so, and he kneeled down to kiss her hand. To y/n's surprise he didn't lower his scarf to kiss it, the soft feathers touched her hand but there was no physical kiss. Y/n analyzed his hesitant gesture, but slightly blushed nonetheless.

"I have an idea. Let's leave Katakuri and y/n alone to get to know one another, while we discuss the details of this marriage." Big Mom's sentence made y/n cringe. Being alone with her future husband did not sit well with her. The decision was made and someone took y/n and Katakuri out of the throne to a new location. She was silently panicking for what would happen in that meeting without her.