Preparation Must be Done

With Toman now in a state of preparation, Mikey was persistent in making sure his members were going to be alright with the upcoming battle.

Some still had many obvious weaknesses that could be used against them, that would be a problem and needed to be fixed.

In order to ensure Toman's victory, Mikey made a small effort to avoid Draken as much as possible without causing any suspicion so that his disease wouldn't act up and prevent him from helping his gang.

Whenever his disease would act up, he would excuse himself and find somewhere private to cough and allow his once flower-clogged lungs to breathe once more.

Every now and then a couple of members would question but wouldn't press into the topic due to their boss giving a believable excuse and seemingly looked perfectly fine, though it was somewhat obvious that Mikey was hiding something.

His condition got worse day by day, he just continued to hide it. Emma would complain and worry, he however ignored her. His stubbornness would take over him and blind him from the importance of taking care of himself, his gang's safety was of more importance to him instead.

Mikey would increase the difficulty in the training each week as a result, he knew that Valhalla would be a tough match and he didn't want one of his members' lives to be threatened to such an extent where he would be in the hospital awaiting the results to find whether or not they would make it.

He felt bad about causing such strain on their bodies and stress but he wanted to ensure that they were ready.

The night before the battle:

Mikey stood at the front of the crowd of men who got done with their last course of training. He gave the command to disperse and rest for the night. He told them to ensure preparation for the next day, the day of the battle.

Once the men did as they were told, the common few stayed behind with Mikey, despite Mikey's want for them to leave as well. He knew they wouldn't leave him alone until they wanted to.

Baji, Mitsuya, Draken, and Takemichi.  The 4 stood before Mikey, each with a different expression that clearly showed what they were thinking.

Draken had a his brows furrowed and his lips formed a straight line, expressing the fact that he was irritated. Takemichi had a nervous smile. Mitsuya had his eyes closed and his the inner corner of his brows tilted up with his head turned slightly to the side, his posture added to his worries and concerned expression. Baji just looked pissed.

"What's wrong?"

Draken walked up to Mikey, his expression unchanging.

"We know your still not ok, I don't know what your I'll with, those 2 won't tell me, but I know your I'll. We don't want you going to fight tomorrow."

In response, Mitsuya made a small flinch from actually hearing Draken say it to Mikey, knowing he was guilty of wanting the same thing.

Mikey made a small laugh and looked Draken dead in the eyes, "That's funny Ken-chin, I'm glad you worry about me but I don't recall asking for that kind of advice. I'm going with my gang, end of conversation"

With that, Mikey went to walk away but was stopped when a hand strongly gripped his arm. Turning to see who it was, he found Baji stopping him from leaving.

"We weren't asking Mikey, your staying out of it."

Mikey snatched his arm away. "Yes I am"

"What happens if something starts up in the middle of the battle!?"

"I doubt that will happen, but I will handle it if something did happen."

Mitsuya went and put a hand on Baki's shoulder, whispered something in his ear, soon after Baji stormed off and went home.

Mitsuya then looked at Takemichi and gave a small nod. Takemichi's small smile faded as he then said his goodbyes and left as well.

"Draken you can't convince Mikey, you know you can't. He has made his decision, you can't change it. Just drop it, it will make all of our lives easier."

Mitsuya walked past Mikey hesitantly, " Goodbye you two. See you tomorrow."

He then left the premises, only Mikey and Draken remained. Though Mikey didn't plan on listening to Draken trying to stop him so he did as Mitsuya did. Said his goodbyes and good lucks, gave a small wave and left.

He couldn't risk Draken finding out, especially not at that current time.

He could only hope for the best during the battle, he could only hope he didn't get exposed.