Chapter 4

It was Monday morning. A fresh start. A new day! And what a beautiful day it was!
The bird were chirping, the sun was shinning, and I could see Helen and her friends walking into school. I may not have German with Helen this year, but I was going to make every class I did have with her worth my time.
When I walked into school I saw Helen standing by her locker in the corner of a hallway getting her things for class. I noticed that a lot of the lockers around her did not have locks. Could all of these lockers be empty? Why would no one put their locker next to the beautiful Helen's?
I quickly ran down the hall to my locker and grabbed everything inside along with my lock. When I came back to the hall Helen was gone, so this would not be too awkward. I did not want to put my locker right next to hers. That's far too creepy, so I put it a few down.
The bell rang for the first class of the day, but I had not finished putting my things away in my new locker yet.
Oh well!
I sat in the hall and neatly out each book inside my locker. As I stood back up, I noticed that Helen's locker was not completely closed.
Why not look inside? She's not here anyways.
I slowly opened her locker and looked at its contents.
Some books, a jacket, her lunch, some...
Her lunch! Hmmmm....
I wonder what Helen will be having for lunch?
I slowly opened the bag and inside I saw a sandwich and a whole cucumber!
Who could eat a whole cucumber like that!
Her mother certainly was not thinking clearly when she packed this lunch!
Helen only eats sliced cucumber! This simply will not do! I took the cucumber and proceeded to the cafeteria.
Inside the cafeteria there is a big tray will plastic utensils. I took a knife, sat down at a table and cut up the cucumber into perfectly even slices.
Once I was done, I put the slices into a zip-lock bag and returned it to Helen's lunch bag in her locker. As I closed her locker, another bell rang.
Had I really missed all of first block?
Oh well! It was worth it!