Chapter 1- The boy, the pirates and the bandits

TIMESKIP 1 YEAR LATER

Ann's POV
It's been a while since that incident with those drunks at the bar, Ace got a new friend! I'm so proud of him, although he never really told me about Sabo but I've been looking from the shadows to see how my little brother is doing. (I came out first afterall I should be the one taking responsibility for him.)

I stopped following him a while back and started sneaking down to the village every now and then when Garp-san wasn't around. In exchange for some money and food I would help out around Partys Bar with Makino, the owner.

Every few days a boy name Luffy would show up to the bar bloodied and bruised. While Makino was bandaging him up, Luffy would always complain about how his gramps would train him by tossing him into the woods or tying him up to some balloons letting him fly. I figured that from the boy's name, his gramps was Garp (and it reminded me of the drastic measures Garp would use to train Ace and I too. Something about wanting us to become good marines? I'm not sure why though.).

A few days ago, a red haired pirate named "Shanks" came to the village and he and Luffy seemed to have hit it off immediately, Luffy going as far as stabbing himself under the eye to show his "bravery" so that Shanks could take him out to sea. Makino helped to stitch him up after that, I can't help but watch their shenanigans each day with amusement. Both of them reminded me of kids bickering with eachother, even though one of them was a middle aged drunk.

I did prefer the first mate though. He was more level headed and calm compared to his crew. Someone who actually acted like his age for once.

*CLASH* The sudden commotion pulled me out of my train of thought as I looked up from the sink. "I'm a wanted man. I'm worth 8 million beli. One bottle won't nearly be enough, don't take me so lightly." My eyes widened, Shanks was getting shamed by a bandit right in front of Luffy, that boy won't take this lightly. "Now the floor's all wet. Sorry bout that Makino-san" Shanks sighed. I rushed over to pick up all the glass fragments before anyone else got hurt. "Oh Ann-chan you hurt your hand!" Shanks gasped. I looked to my hand to see it covered in cuts but continued on, not letting Shanks or Benn help.

The tavern burst into laughter as each and every crewmember laughed with their captain about the events that had just taken place. "They really got you, that's funny!" "How shameful!" "Hahahaha!!" "WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING!? THAT WASN'T COOL!WHY DIDN'T YOU FIGHT BACK?NO MATTER HOW MANY THERE ARE OR HOW STRONG THEY LOOK, IF YOU DON'T FIGHT BACK YOU'RE NOT A MAN! YOU'RE NOT A PIRATE!" Luffy's sudden outburst had made everyone in the room stare at him. "It's not that I don't understand your feelings..but they only spilled some sake, it's nothing to get angry over." Shanks replied.
I left the bar after that, pulling with me 3 bags of trash and some empty bottles that I had planned to reuse. The shouts and laughs in the bar had stopped by the time I was done taking out the trash, when I went back I was surprised to see that not only had the pirates been gone without a trace, Luffy wasn't in the bar either. 'the pirates must have gone on another voyage but where's the kid?' As if reading my mind, Makino answered, "If you're looking for Luffy, he stormed off just now. By the way Ann-chan? Could you go for a grocery run real quick? Here I made you a list of all the things we need, and here's your beli pouch!" I nodded and went out the door.

I strolled around the village occasionally making stops to buy some fruits or vegetables for Makino, I was just done with the grocery list when I heard it. Protests from a very familiar 6 year old boy for the very bandits that attacked Shanks to let him go. My body moved on it's own, dropping the bags of groceries onto the ground and springing into action.

THIRD PERSON POV

Ann sped around the corner, her hands grabbing her daggers on her back in a swift motion in an instant she was behind their leader, who just barely managed to dodge her attacks releasing his hold on Luffy. Ann took advantage of that, pushing him away from the fight and positioning herself between the bandits and Luffy. "Ann!" the boy called out worriedly as all the bandits started to attack her. "More than 10 grown males teaming up on me, a 10 year old girl? How weak must you be?" She scoffed as she manuevered skillfully around the bandits, diverting and deflecting attacks with her daggers while knocking a few out.

More than 10 minutes had gone by and the numbers were starting to overwhelm her, so much so that she failed see the multiple guns pointed at her behind her back. "Ann! watch ou-" Luffy had tried to warn her but it was too late, *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* just like that, 4 gunshots littered her back, one to the shoulder, one to the leg, and two to her chest. Luffy's eyes widened, "ANN!!!!" He ran over to her side, catching her pe body as she fell over.

Ann's POV

"ANN!!" I forced my eyes opened, only to see Luffy's face. His eyes were full of worry and tears that spilled onto her face. She forced a smile as blood dripped down her lips. Rushed footsteps approaching them could be heard. "L-Luffy get outta h-here..." Ann managed to force out as black spots filled her vision, the last thing she heard before she blacked out was the sound of a gunshot.

Luffy's POV

I didn't know what to do. Ann's body had just gone limp, in my arms. More tears welled up, threatening to spill. But I knew crying wouldn't be of help, the body in my arms was going paler and colder by the second. Ann desperately needed help right now, so I turned to my only source of hope, "Sh-Shanks, h-help.." I managed to croak out, motioning to Ann. Everyone turned to the crying boy, eyes widening in shock at the bloodied body in his arms. Shank's usually calm expression had turned to one of worry and anger. Yasopp rushed over to the two, carefully lifting the girl from the boy's arms and bolted to the village doctor, mindful of her injuries. I trembled at the sight of Ann's blood smothered all over my arms. "I'll make them pay, captain" he heard Benn say with each word containing more venom then the last. Luffy knew about the relationship between Benn and Ann, I knew that their bond was like mine with Shanks, maybe even stronger, but even so, I have never seen Benn so angry before. Even his captain was surprised at his first mate's expression. It was one that seemed to ooze out hatred and animosity that were so strong, it caused majority of the bandits to freeze in their place. Benn made quick work of them, especially since, Ann had already knocked out a good third of them when she was fighting. Before I knew it though, Benn had already disappeared. 'Probably to check up on Ann,' I assumed. I too, wanted to move but my body was frozen in place from the shock of all the events that had taken place. Shanks offered me a piggyback ride back, which I gladly took

A/N

and that concludes the first chapter I've ever written in my life! So how'd I do? Ik ik, the story went out of point in the last part compared to the original but I felt that it would have been nice that instead of the tears and trauma of Shanks losing his left arm, Luffy could experience seeing the near-death experience of his big sister figure soooo here we are! I have quite a few plans for this story but unfortunately, I have to focus on my studies for now. But I will try to write as and when I have my free time! Be patient my fellow readers! And thank you for wasting your time on my story! <3 DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN ONE PIECE OR ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS I JUST OWN MY OC AND THIS STORY, ONE PIECE BELONGS TO THE GREAT ECHIIRO ODA!!