Chapter 3 - The Straw-hatted boy and a mysterious fruit

Narrator
     Ace, Ann and Sabo became the best of friends, they were inseparable. Almost like family. Each day was spent hunting or stealing from the brutes in the Gray Terminal, each day they put together all their treasure into their tree to save up for a pirate boat. One day, one day they'll all sail out to sea together, and finally be free! Free from the shackles that bind them perhaps..

...

     "Jii-chan let me go!" Shouts of protests could be heard from a very familiar Straw-hatted boy as his grandfather, Garp held him by his face. After long hours they had finally reached the run down shack that a certain group of bandits were hiding out in. *BANG BANG BANG* Garp knocked on the door, almost smashing it into pieces. "Stop it!!!Who ever you are, do you want to get killed!?" "It's me." "HUH, ARGH G-Garp-san!" Suddenly two other bandits popped out from the back, looks of shock evident on their faces "eeeeeeehhh!!!"

     "You're looking good," Garp stated calmly. "Gimme a break! Please, you gotta have mercy on me! Ace and Ann are already ten years old now!" Dadan pleaded, "Oh yeah, already? How are they?" Garp laughed as the bandits complained, "It's not funny! We can't handle him anymore! You have to take him!" Of course, they're complaints and pleas fell on deaf ears. "Putting that aside..." Garp started, "Don't put that aside!" was the reply he got back. "You're annoying kid!" *Grab* "look after him, too." Garp spoke while grabbing Luffy by his shirt. "Huh???!!" "Hey Luffy, say 'hi' to them." "Yo!" Luffy shouted as he raised his hand in a waving gesture. "Who's that kid?" The mountain bandit know as Magra, asked. "He's my grandson." Sounds of confusion and alarm could be heard from the three mountain bandits. "EHHHHH?!" "ONE MORE?!" "HE'S GARP'S..I MEAN, GARP-SAN'S GRANDSON?!"

"We can't!" The bandits rejected.

(They ended up getting blackmailed and had no choice but to accept another brat in)

"Luffy! How are you doing? Did Garp-san finally send you here?" Ann smiled as she shouted from a tree above Luffy.

"Woah! Ann! Do you live here too!? I thought I was going to be all alone when-" Luffy was stopped abruptly by someone spitting on him.

"Hey!" He shouted angrily as he looked up at the frowning face of Ace, who did not respond to Luffy as he and Ann walked pass with a crocodile in each pair of hands.

(Timeskip brought to you by Ann fixing Luffy's injuries from his persistent chasing after Ace)

"Luffy, give it up, Ace clearly doesn't want you following us and honestly neither do I. It's far too dangerous for you.." but really Ann also wanted to keep Sabo and the treasure stash a secret.

"I'll show ya! I'm strong enough to handle myself! My punches are like pistols!" Luffy spoke with confidence, but his bandages said otherwise.

Ann sighed and stretched his cheeks before patting his head and heading off to Sabo and Ace. One day, one day the stubbornness of that boy might just pay off . She thought to herself.
----

"Oi Ace! Thanks for waiting for me!" Ann cheered happily as she saw the freckled boy leaning on a tree staring at her.

"Why do you treat him? Isn't it better if he's injured? That way he can't follow us.." Ace glared as he spun his pipe around.

"Hey that's mean! Besides, I just can't control it, whenever I see anyone needing assistance, I can't help but offer support!" Ann smiled, patting her brother on the head.

"You're too nice," he grumbled in response.

The two raced back to where Sabo was, Ann laughing while looking back to her brother who was desperately trying to catch up to her. "Haha! I am the breeze! You can't catch me Ace!" "We'll see about that, Ann!"

When they finally arrived, Ann won drastically without even breaking a sweat, while Ace was lying on the ground, panting.      

"Ah you two are back! I started roasting some crocodile from the river already. Here have some, I got a really big haul today!" A big toothy grin was shown as the blond haired boy gave each twin a chunk of meat.

They were eating when Ann suddenly felt something strange in the forest, the two other boys were too busy hoarding and chomping on their meat to notice her leaving.

Ann's POV

I noticed something glowing in the forest, it felt as though it was calling out to me. I continued on until I stumbled upon a strange apple-like fruit.

(It's glowing btw)

Free me...

I looked around, "who said that?!" There was no response. I looked towards the glowing fruit, by impulse I snagged the fruit and bit into it.

It tastes absolutely terrible, like ashes. I gagged before noticing dozens of bright light blueish orbs surrounding me.

They danced and swirled around me before being absorbed into a ball of light. I touched it out of curiosity and it engulfed me into its bright light.

Ace's POV
I was eating with Sabo when I realised that Ann wasn't with us anymore. How strange.. did she walk off somewhere? I got up to look for her when a white light flashed in the forest, I rushed over to see Ann's glowing body floating in the sky, slowly descending to the ground.

My eyes widened in horror, I quickly jumped from the tree I was standing on and caught her before she hit the ground. She was glowing a light blue hue on every part of her body. I sprinted back to Sabo, calling out to him, "OI SABO! THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH ANN!!"

Short chapter lols, Happy Christmas Eve! I'll try to update more so sorry about my unannounced hiatus!