Hundred years worth of memory

It's quite bizarre... On how far a person would go just to save a person they love. The most they would want after doing such a sacrifice is none other than a reward... A Happy Ending to be precise.

But I'm different, I do not seek a reward. If sacrificing my own happiness would make things better for everyone, then so be it. I do not need such things... I really don't... As long as I get to save everyone, after hundreds of failed attempts.

" T-This is the happy ending I'm talking about! You'll get the chance to have a happy ending with one girl! And nobody will stand in your way anymore! " I hold his hand ever so tightly while looking at his eyes.

Charmer: " A-Amelia, I don't-"

' I understand that I'm being too sudden, I'm sorry for putting you in such a messy situation, Charmer. But I just don't know what Omega will do anymore, her actions are now beyond my control.'

I didn't notice it myself, but I can feel both my legs trembling due to exhaustion. My mouth is also dry and I can't quite see very well... It makes sense, I've pushed myself too far that my body is starting to give up on me. I want to sleep, but I can't. I want to eat, but I couldn't. I want to stream...

' But time doesn't allow me to...'

" You can use the drug on anyone, and I will guarantee you that it will be a brand new start for you and that girl! You can use it on Matsuri-senpai or Fubuki-senpai! O-Or even-- Or even--" I struggle to let my words out.

...

...

...

" You can even use it on me..."

' You don't need any reward, you say? If so, then why? Why did you have to tell him those words? Why beg him to choose you? It's not going to happen. He's never going to choose you...'

Charmer: " Amelia..."

I couldn't see properly, but I caught a glimpse of him smiling at me. His smile is so reassuring... It's warm, I love it so much...

Charmer: " I've decided, Amelia." He looks at me with all seriousness, all while holding the drug in his hands.

" Have you finally chosen someone?" I feel my heart pounding.

' No, please don't get your hopes up, me. Please don't blind yourself from reality. He's not going to choose you. Stop beating so fast...'

I grab my chest and squeeze it tightly. His answer, I'm eager to hear his answer. I want to hear the name of the girl come out of his mouth. The name of the person he loves... Her name...

Charmer: " Yeah, I've made up my mind. I'm going to choose her."

' Ugh, my heart won't stop pounding. It's so discomforting, I hate it so much. Why must I let myself feel hopeful? When I already know too well that he's going to choose someone else.'

But I can't really blame myself for feeling hopeful... It's just, the way he's looking at me right now. It's so gentle and reassuring as if he's telling me that everything is going to be okay. That he's going to make me feel better, to ease my pain. If that's really your intention, then I'll gladly look at your eyes until my heart's content.

Charmer: " She's the one girl I want to be with for the rest of my life. I want to be by her side forever..." He says as he raises the syringe in the air.

' So tell me, Charmer. Was that really your intention?'

I wait for him to finish his words...

...