#15

As soon as I walked into the venue, I felt compelled to leave

As soon as I walked into the venue, I felt compelled to leave. Sunoo was waiting for me outside the door, reminding me of when you and I were at the amusement park. He greeted me with a warm smile and a hug before thanking me for coming with him.

We walked in, and I followed him wherever he went, because he is unsurprisingly well-known in our school for being a good and reliable friend, and everyone is friends with him. I was standing behind him, watching him interact with his batchmates. He eventually came to a halt and went to get some food for us before taking a seat in the corner.

"I'm super sad I'll be leaving you guys, college seems to be boring!" Sunoo exclaimed before biting into his pizza.

"I'm scared to go to college; please keep me updated once you've started at your university," I chuckled. "I'm going to miss you so much!"

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Speak with Jungwon again!"

"I'm afraid my father will disown me!" I pouted.

"What makes me different from Jungwon?" he wondered.

"Hmm... he does things that put a lot of things at risk, whereas you balance fun and seriousness; you know my father, he doesn't want anyone or anything to disrupt my peaceful life; he dislikes risk-takers."

He spoke once more, his lips pursed. "I taught him to be like that, I made him enjoy his life even when everything was trying to stop him from finding happiness, though I have to pull myself together now because I am preparing to study for my future career."

"You should try to take risks occasionally, take a break from anything stressful, just be good at hiding next time," he added before giggling, which made me do the same.

I tried it once and it didn't go well. He's right; I shouldn't limit myself, but what can I do? Should I really give myself permission to do what I want? Give myself a second chance and overcome my fear? Is this the right path to take?

"Let's play!" He drew me cheerfully to the group circle and began the game.