Chapter 43

Five years later

"Good Morning Daddy!" Violet yells, jumping on top of my stomach. I seriously cannot believe this girl is already five years old. And how my rib cage isn't broken.

"My goodness, today is your first day of school!" I say, grabbing her and tickling her stomach. She keeps laughing and laughing, revealing her pearly white teeth. Her smile is beautiful... Like her mother's.

"Can we make breakfast?" she asks with the puppy dog eyes.

"Aw, you know I can't stand those eyes," I say, getting up from my bed and giving her a piggy back ride into the kitchen. She stands on her stool as I grab the fruit out. "Have you been sleeping?" I ask.

She smiles before shaking her head," nope."

I laugh," and why not missy?"

"Because today's the first day of school! Duh," she says, reaching for the strawberries. She grabs her Sofia the First bowl and counts the berries she puts in it. I find it cute.

"How many berries are you eating today?" I ask with a smile on my face.

"Four," she says, holding up four fingers.

"Alright, you go bring that onto the table and watch some TV. Daddy already made your lunch and I'll go get your outfit ready," I say before Violet makes her way to the kitchen table and grabs the remote.

I walk into Violet's room... Which was the spare room we had. I cleaned Autumn's room but I can't see someone sleeping in there. It was just... Reserved for Autumn.

I open Violet's closet and I was drowned in pink. It made my eyes blind. I grabbed a pink shirt with some designs on it with these leggings that had cute bunnies on it. I also paired it with some sneakers that Violet adores.

I took all the clothes and brought them outside to the sight of Violet clapping her hands because of something on the TV," what happened?" I ask.

"Sofia met Cinderella!" she shrieks.

"You're obsessed," I say even though she doesn't understand that. "Let's get changed."

I take her empty bowl and put it into the sink. I also started washing the dishes because there's no one else to do it," you all set?"

"Yup," she responds with a cheeky smile.

"You want daddy to drop you off?" I ask as she nods her head. "Well alright, let's get going to the first day of school."

We both made our way to the car and I set her in her pink carseat. Yeah... Having a black range rover with a pink carseat is pretty intimidating. I make my way into the driver's seat and begin driving," daddy, when I come home from school today, can we go bikey?" she asks.

I smile," of course Princess Violet."

"Why do you call me princess? I'll never get to be a princess because you never were a prince and if I had to be a princess, I have to kiss a frog and turn him into a prince but I don't want to kiss a frog because it's slimy and-"

"Woah, calm down silly," I say, laughing. "What makes you think you can't be a princess?"

"Well... Princesses live in a castle and they have a butler and have horsies..." she explains.

"Okay, let me tell you about reality cutie... You are my princess and you always will be, no matter what," I say.

"Is that what you say to mommy?" she asks in her cute voice. I never told her about Autumn. I only told her that she was away for a while. I mean, how could I tell her that her mother died? She's only five.