Chapter 14: Prison Break

Hey y'all, so I drew pictures of what I thought Y/n would look like lol. They're not god tier drawings, but I think they look good:)

 They're not god tier drawings, but I think they look good:)

It was well into the night, the sky nearly pitch black

I packed a small bag with basic essentials and draped it over my shoulder, taking a backpack with the food I stole earlier and running out of the castle.
Back when Varian was a few days into prison, I went on daily walks.
I heard that walks could be very therapeutic, especially in nature. Walking could help clear your head and relieve you of all of your bottled up emotions. It helped a bit, I guess.
But while I was in the forests, I saw an abandoned cabin, far and deep into the trees.
It looked old, rustic even.
The glass had dust all over it, the door looked like it was about to fall of its hinges, it was abandoned.
I confirmed that it was abandoned too when I came back a week later and it was still vacant.
It needed work done to make it look fresh and more homey, but nothing me and Varian couldn't handle.
Besides, if everything went accordingly to my hypothetically calculated plan, we'd only be there for a few days.
I lightly jogged the whole way so I wouldn't waste much time, and so I wouldn't blow out the candle I needed to see. After I found the cabin, I pulled the door open, dropped my stuff off on the floor inside, and quickly walked back out. I closed the door shut but careful enough to where I didn't yank the door off its hinges.
I ran all the way back to the castle, trying very hard to steady my breath as I tip toed back to my room.
My heart was thumping in my chest, I quickly downed some water from my bedside to quench my dry throat. I blew out my candle and placed it in the drawer of my bedside table.
A few minutes later, the clock in my room softly chimed 11:45 in my room when a very soft knock came at my door.
I knew exactly who it was, so I didn't bother to quickly jump into bed and pretend I was asleep.
I opened the door and smiled faintly at Eugene.
I ushered him inside and softly closed the door.
"Thanks for helping again." I whispered to him.
"I'm still not sure how great of an idea this really is, but I want to make up for how I treated Varian's situation. And most of all, I trust you Y/n." Eugene said.
I smiled at his words.
"Midnight is when the guards change shifts, they have a five minute break in between. That's our ticket to getting Varian in and out." I said, leaving a few details behind.
Eugene knew immediately that I wasn't telling everything.
"But?" He asked, having me to continue.
I sighed.
"But, I still think I'm gonna need more power. I'm too anxious that we're gonna get caught. Please just stay with me as I do this?" I asked, my eyes pleading with his.
Eugene grimaced.
"Y/n...," he started.
I knew what he was gonna say, I wasn't prepared last time, but this time I was.
At least I think I was.
"I'm ready for it now, I promise." I said.
"This family and promises." Eugene muttered under his breath.
I grabbed the scroll from my bedside and sat down on the carpet, laying the scroll flat down once again.
"Power and control," I softly sang.
"I'll break the bonds I have," wind started to blow as my hair rose up, my eyes and my heart glowing pink.
"Rising up I start to fly, my heart ignites." I finished.
I took a deep breath, closing my eyes tightly as my hand clutched at the fabric covering my heart.
"See?" I whispered, giving Eugene a very strained smile.
Eugene raised an eyebrow at me.
"And I promise I won't use it unless I absolutely have to, let's go!" I quickly said, opening the door and walking through. As the power surged through my veins, it went away, I had to hold in a deep breath of relief to not cause suspicion.
Eugene and I crept as quietly as we could down the hall. Past Rapunzel's room, past my parents' room, past down every flight of stairs and hallways until we barely reached the prison doors.
I put a finger to my mouth to signal Eugene to be as quiet as he could.
We hid behind one of the only two hallways that led to the prison, the guards would change shifts in the other one, Eugene and I were safe from view.
It also helped that today was a particularly dark night, it'd be hard to notice us, but it does make it harder for Eugene and I as well.
I heard the guards murmuring to one another when all of the sudden, a chime rang throughout the hallway. It was 12 o'clock.
"That's shift change, let's go." One of the guards said.
They started walking but not towards the hallway I thought they'd go down. They were turning towards us.
I started to panic, they'd feel my panic faster than I could open my mouth to speak the incantation.
I placed my arm around Eugene and backed us further into the shadows of the wall.
I took quiet, deep breaths to calm myself down.
They were getting closer, I badly wanted to use my powers against them but I knew that would only cause more trouble.
They walked down our hall, chattering casually.
I could hear Eugene gulp from the anxiety.
One of the guards raised their hand up, both of them went silent.
"What is it?" One of them whispered.
The one who held his hand up looked our way, squinting his eyes.
"It feels like someone is...watching us." He mumbled.
I was panicking, I couldn't slow my heart rate down.
I raised my hand out of the shadows, my eyes glowing.
"You're feeling tired, you've been doing nothing but watching for nothing for the past 6 hours, why don't you go to bed?" I whispered, hypnotically and calmly.
I thought of rain softly falling, the darkness of the night rocking me to sleep, I put calmness and tiredness into my heart and transferred it into their emotions.
One of the guards yawned.
"We have been...doing...this for...awhile now..." he said slowly, yawning.
"Yeah...how about we...close our eyes for a minute...." The other guard agreed.
"Just for a....minute..."
They both fell asleep on the spot, my powers were growing faster than I realized.
I walked out of the shadows and into the only source of light found in the room, the moon.
I looked at them almost guiltily.
"That wasn't necessary Y/n." Eugene said, in an almost fatherly tone.
"What's done is done, let's just get this over with." I mumbled.
Eugene and I waited until the other two guards walked up the steps leading into the cells themselves, they went down the hall I originally anticipated all four of them would.
Eugene and I quickly made our way down the stairs.
I had to slide my hand across the stony walls, I was running down the stairs so fast.
I sped walked down the rows of cells until I reached Varian.
He was sound asleep on his badly shaped and uncomfortable looking bed, Ruddiger was sleeping soundlessly at Varian's side.
I would have stopped and admired them for longer but we now had 4 minutes to get out.
I grabbed the Bobby pin that I placed in my hair and picked at the lock until I heard a click.
I yanked the lock off and hurried to open the cell door.
Eugene was watching over at the entrance, looking at me with much nervousness in his eyes.
I shook Varian shoulder violently, I had no time to be gentle. We were on a serious time crunch.
"Ugh- what do you- Y/n?" Varian asked, from his angry, villainous voice to his gentle, sincere voice.
I smiled and helped him to him feet, taking Ruddiger into my arms, who was still asleep.
"We're busting you out." I said, grinning.
"We-?" Varian asked but his answer was quickly answered by Eugene saying, "Hurry up lovebirds!"
I placed Ruddiger in Varian's arms, grabbed the pillow that was on Varian's bed, stuffed it under the covers and made it look like a body hugging itself under the covers as best as I could.
I grabbed Varian's hand and we bolted out of the prison.
"Y/n-."
"Sh." I hushed Varian.
"But Y/n-."
"I'll explain later, but unless you want to get caught and sent back into that terrible place, SH." I shushed.
That got Varian to be silent.
We sped walked out of the castle then broke into a full out run until we were in the forest.
I felt around the ground of the forest until I found a sizable branch.
Eugene lit the branch on fire using a match he brought with us and we walked further into the woods.
"Ok," I finally let out a genuine sigh of relief.
"What did you wanna ask?" I looked behind me to see Varian's face.
"I was gonna ask how were you able to pull all of this off?" Varian said, catching up to Eugene and I'd fast pace.
"One all nighter and waking up bright and early along with one panic attack and a great surge of power is how!" I replied in a little too bubbly of a tone.
Varian's eyes widened but he didn't reply back.
Eugene looked at me with a worried look but I held a hand up.
"We're going to an abandoned cabin I found nearly a month ago, nobody has ever come back to claim it. You and I are gonna stay there until my guardian realizes his faults. Eugene will come by to help us make it feel and look nicer and bring us ingredients for meals.
"So, we're basically running away?" Varian gasped.
"Yep, you and me." I replied with a smug look
"I'm still not sure about this, we're going to at least tell Queen Arianna and Blondie, right?" Eugene said almost frantically.
"Uh- yes, that's probably for the best. Just don't tell them exactly where we are. Please?" I pleaded.
"You're really stretching my morals Y/n." Eugene scolded in a straining tone.
"Thank you!" I side hugged him.
After an hour or so of walking, we finally made it to the cabin.
"Here we are! Home sweet, hopefully for only a week home!" I bubbled, taking Varian's hand in mine.
I put out my torch and heaved open the door. grabbing my stuff that I dropped in earlier. I pulled out a few candles and matches and lit them up, handing one to Eugene and the other to Varian.
There was a dusty kitchen, a stair case leading to the upstairs, a sitting area in the middle of the room, and a few shelves filled with old books.
"This will take a lot of work." Varian mumbled, placing Ruddiger on the couch.
"Good thing we have nothing better to do," I smiled, taking the stuff I brought and placing them on counter in the kitchen.
"Eugene will bring cleaning supplies in the morning, it'll be fine!" I smiled.
The three of us all ventured upstairs to see two rooms, one was a closet and the other was a bedroom.
A queen sized bed with a quilt as the blanket, with two bedside coffee tables on either side of the bed and a bookshelf in front of the wall that faced the bed, with a dresser placed in front of the bed.
I stalked closer to the bed, the quilt was dusty but other than that, the bed was in great shape.
"Y/n, are you sure about this? You're risking a lot just to save me." Varian said, the corners of his mouth shifting into a frown.
I just smiled warmly at him.
"For you Varian, anything." I replied, kissing his cheek.
"Ok, I'm gonna take my leave now." Eugene said awkwardly, heading down the stairs.
"Wait Eugene!" I called back, following him.
I gave him a big hug, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist.
"Thank you." I said into his chest.
Eugene hugged me back.
"No prob, kiddo. I'll be back tomorrow morning." Eugene replied, waving at Varian and I and closing the door behind him.
I grabbed Ruddiger from the couch and headed upstairs to meet Varian.
I placed Ruddiger on the bed in our room and dove into Varian arms, giving him my best hug.
"Finally." I sighed, placed my face into the crook of his neck.
Varian and I fell on the bed as we laughed.
"Welcome home Y/n." Varian joked, taking off his shoes.
"Home sweet home." I replied, taking off my shoes and hopping under the covers.
"I'll head downstairs and sleep on the couch, I'll wake you up-." Varian started to leave but I cut him off by grabbing his hand.
"You're staying with me, I didn't go through all of this trouble just to have you sleep on the couch." I grumbled, taking Varian and I's candle and setting it on my bedside table.
I could feel Varian's blush as he walked back around, climbing over Ruddiger and going under the covers.
"Goodnight then." Varian said.
"Goodnight." I smiled victoriously.
I turned over my head to give him another kiss on the cheek, but he must've thought to do the same thing. Our lips touched moments later.
Instead of jumping away, I melted into the kiss instead.
"Not my original intention, but a win for me anyways." I smiled, blowing out both candles and snuggling into my pillow.
"Night Varian!" I said one final time.
Varian wrapped one arm under my back and draped the other over my chest, pulling me into him and snuggling into my side.
"Night." He replied.

I can only imagine how old those bedsheets are- LOL.
Hope you enjoyed! And I hope you like the drawings!
Please let me know if I made any mistakes!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3