Separtion anxiety❤️‍🩹

Potential TW?
Carl is your boyfriend

Your separation anxiety has always been a problem but ever since you lost all your friends like Glenn, Abraham, Sasha and Andrea, it's gotten so much more extreme. Especially with Carl, you saw how Maggie was when she lost Glenn and the thought of you losing Carl scared the shit out of you.

Carl was getting ready to go on a run with his dad and you started getting a really bad feeling. You ran up to him and hugged in tight and cried "Don't leave, stay here with me. Please." This sort of took him by surprise a little, he wondered why you were nervous about a quick run, it was weird. "Baby, hey. Look at me." He whispered.

You looked up at him and he caressed your face and wiped away the few small tears running down your face. He places a tiny kiss on your nose, "What's the matter baby? Why are you so scared of me going on a normal run?" He asked. You started crying harder thinking about something happening to him, you started thinking about Glenn and Maggie how how tragic that story was. You shook and then Carl really did get concerned.

"Hey it's okay! You're okay! I'm right here!" He said putting your head in his chest as he stroked you. He just kept saying "I'm here" and "I love you" while planting small kisses on the top of your head until you calmed down.

"I don't want you to die, please stay here, please." You cried to him.

"I'm not gonna die baby, it's just a normal run and I'll be back before the days over and lay with you tonight like I do every night. Okay?" He tried reassuring you. It just made you cry harder.

"Please just for today, stay here with me. I don't want to be here without you." You tried everything to get him to stay here today

"I told my dad I would, I have to baby." He said. You knew he had to but it was scary to you having him go out there. You just couldn't stop crying and didn't wanna let go of him. His hug was so comforting and wanted to stay like that forever. Carl also didn't want to leave you, not like this anyway. The realization hit him of why you were more scared than usual so he squeezed you tighter. He let go and sat you down and made eye contact with you "you know I have to go right?"

"I know" you said wiping your eyes.

"I love you so much and I promise I'll be back. Okay baby?"

You nodded. He had an idea, not a huge one but one that might make you feel a little more at ease. He took off his flannel and held it out. You were confused for some reason "take it, it might make things a little easier when I have to go out for a little bit. Is that okay?"

You nodded again, you slowly grabbed the flannel and buried your face in it. He rubbed your back as you sat there, "Is that a little more comfortable baby?"

You looked up and him "yes" you sniffled "I love you."

"I love you too honey." Carl kissed your forehead and then your lips. "I'm gonna go now but I will be back, just wear my flannel and hopefully that'll be comfortable for you." He smiled.

You smiled back at him and he left a few minutes later. No doubt that you still had major anxiety over it but you felt a little bit better getting reassured that he'll in fact be okay.