Chapter 51: Fall

Money Problems.

It was early in the morning and Izuku was at his desk. Doing paperwork.

Izuku liked to get up VERY early, so he could get stuff done before he had to make breakfast.

The paperwork he was dealing with now was actually not something directly related to the children(or the damages they cause). This particular mountain of paperwork he was doing was securing income.

Now one would think Izuku being a humble, selfless person who was also extremely rich, money would be the last thing on his mind.

However, Izuku had come to realize that most of his money came from the Government. He'd used up most of the "thanks for taking down the Yakuza" money by now, and his mother and the government were the only sources of income he had.

And both of those weren't necessarily reliable.

His mother's company was doing, ok, but that could take a turn for the worst at some point. And the Government was known for screwing people out of money. And while he was confident they couldn't do that to him, seeing that their contract said that as long as he was taking care of any O.P.C. they were to give him money, he'd heard tales of people more confident than him who'd had the rug pulled under them, and we're left with nothing.

Now compare that to the amount of money he would NEED to spend to keep this operation going, were the government to stop supporting him.

The cost of food, the cost of maintaining the MASSIVE house they live in, the cost of repairing the massive house they live in, the cost of fixing up the land around the house whenever it got too badly damaged. The cost of paying employees and maintaining their benefits(when he eventually got some.)

And The absolutely enormous cost that came with maintaining all the kid's special needs like Kiba's blood, Kei's visors, Sansan's chemicals, Netsu's fireproof clothes, and items, Fukunoko's special room, the antidotes to Fukunoko's gas, Kai's EVERYTHING.

And those costs only increased with each kid he took in.

But that was just the cost of the essentials. Izuku wanted to give these kids the best life he could, which included buying lots of video games, regular games, and sports equipment, and training equipment. On top of paying for all the stuff that came with each child's personal interests like Kiba's streaming equipment and Shiruku's dress-making equipment.

In summary, Izuku NEEDS to be rich, at all times for this to work.

So the more income, the better Izuku felt.

Of course, there was Eri's blood. While that money was also from the government, Izuku was much more confident that the government would continue. Why?

Because it saved them a crap ton of cash.

As mentioned, the cost of taking care of an O.P.C. was a lot, and level 2 O.P.C.'s even more so. Meaning unless Izuku ramped up the price for Eri's blood by three hundred percent, they'd be saving so, so much money.

Then there was the more conventional way rich people got richer. Investing. This, as expected, got Izuku a lot of money.

And then there were the more specialized means that involved his children.

Shiruku often had a lot of leftover webbing and rejected or unfinished clothes made out of those webs, which the spider girl considered to be trash. Most of the world did not share that opinion, as ever since people started getting quirks that allowed them to make webbing, clothes made out of those webs had become luxury items, which sold for very high prices. This combined with the overall rarity of the material, made it so selling large amounts of quirk-produced webbing, would make someone a very generous amount of cash. Of course, Izuku asked her permission before doing this, but as one would expect Shiruku didn't have a problem with her dad selling her trash.