XXIII. JAIME LANNISTER (4)

P A R T   I V

Notes |   My two OC's are Reila Stark, Jaime's
love interest (I've decided to name her for the
remainder of this mini series) and her daughter,
Joanna (Lannister) Reed, Robb's love interest.

Recap | Joanna attempts to speak to her biological
father, Jaime, but is interrupted by Howland Reed
who shows up at Robb's camp site unannounced
and assaults Jaime for claiming that Reila never
stopped loving him despite being married to Reed.

joana

                                           Silence washed over the huddled group of drunken soldiers in a wave as I approached them, their necks craning to get a glimpse of me.

I had the eyes of nearly all the men, but I only met Fabian's. He looked away with disinterest, burying his mouth behind his mug of ale and leaving my cheeks to burn despite the chill.

"Excuse me, gentlemen," I announced, defiantly tipping my chin into the air. "I wish to borrow Ser Fabian Glover from you."

I saw Fabian shake his head, still refusing to look at me. But slowly, he pulled himself up to his feet before making his way towards me.

"I need you to take me to Lannister again." I told him once he'd led us away from the crowd and into a nearby tent for privacy.

"I can't do that." He quipped.

"Fabian–"

"I have strict orders."

"That you could bend–"

"M'lady, I won't." His stern tone put me in silence for longer than I'd intended of prolonging. "And after what happened last time, I don't know why you'd think seeing him again would be a good idea."

"It'll be quick. Fabian, please. It's important and no one else can know I'm going to see him."

"Even the King can't know?" He raised a scrutinizing eyebrow. "Because if I remember correctly, last time things didn't go your way when I agreed to help you, you spread your legs to Robb Stark so that you could—"

"How dare you!" I threw a hard shove at his chest so that Fabian staggered away from me.

"That was what happened, wasn't it? Will it happen again? If I say no are you going to fuck me into saying yes?" And before I could react, he strode forward till we were nearly chest to chest. "I'm sure, Lady Stark, that what you have to offer is beyond my dreams," He began, voice gravelly. "But I won't have myself reduced to just another person you manipulate in order to have your way."