FOUR

Giselle wakes the next morning feeling like absolute shit. Pain is shooting around her body, and it doesn't take long for her to realize someone has bandaged her wounds with neat gauze. She looks around to find herself in a bedroom that is certainly not her own. Hell, her bed was maybe a third of the size of the plush mattress she's on. Light is just barely streaming through the crack between the thick curtains, but just enough so that Giselle can see what's around her. The room has a gothic, vintage look to it, but is still very clean from what she can tell.

Memories of the previous night's events begin flooding back to her. The last thing she remembers is being in the masked vigilante's arms. Carefully, Giselle removes the dark covers from her body and slowly sits up. She's relieved to remain conscious after doing so. Looking down, she realizes she is still in the skin-tight dress she was wearing the night before.

A sneaking suspicion in Giselle tells her she's at the Batman's place, wherever that might be. She gradually gets to her feet, before treading over to the mirror on the other side of the room. Shit.

She looks like she might as well have crawled to hell and back. Her blonde hair is a tangled mess, and there's a square bandage on her right temple, sitting on her hairline. The pretty makeup she had applied the night before is smudged underneath her eyes. Giselle does her best to make herself look less like a hungover raccoon before hesitantly opening the door. She's standing in a large, wooden hallway. The floorboards creak beneath her bare feet.

"Oh you're awake!"

Giselle whirls around to see an elderly woman dressed neatly with a broom in hand. She sets the broom down against the wall and smiles.

"I'm sorry, but I don't actually know where I am," Giselle begins.

"That's alright dear, Mr.Wayne told me you had quite the rough night," the woman empathizes. "I'm Dory,"

"Mr.Wayne?" she repeats with confusion. "But—"

"Come, he's this way," she instructs as Giselle is lead through antique halls into a large, open room with impressively detailed architecture. The ceiling is impossible high, and the windows are magnificently tall, resulting in Giselle squinting to adjust to the light.

Her eyes then fall upon an older man with a clean grey haircut, dressed impeccably nice. Beside him, standing, is a handsome, tall man with dark hair, dressed in all black. It instantly dawns on Giselle that it's the man behind Batman's mask.

"Ah, Dory—" begins the older gentleman seated at an impressive table. "What is she doing out here?"

"What do you mean, sir—?"

The man beside him turns around and Giselle's lips part slightly as a quiet gasp escapes her. She knows it is the vigilante by his eyes, but realizes the maid is right. He's Bruce Wayne. The orphaned, reclusive billionaire.

"Oh my God," she blurts out in shock.

Bruce's eyes study Giselle intensely, causing shivers to trail down her spine. His eyes look a stormy grey in the bright light.

"She wasn't supposed to leave the bedroom!" the man besides Bruce exclaims with frustration.

"Oh, I'm sorry—"

"Alfred, it's alright," Bruce states, his tone calm. "Will you two give us a moment?"

The man, Alfred, shoots an apprehensive look at Giselle, who looks down in embarrassment. He leaves the room with Dory, as Giselle stays rooted in place. It dawns on her that she probably wasn't supposed to know Batman's true identity.