FIFTEEN

Giselle is ushered into the Garden by police officers as the sound of a rifle shot firing sends panic into her system. Chaos and screams greet her inside as everyone frantically runs around, terrified. Suddenly, gunshots are erupting left and right and Giselle has no choice but to be helplessly shoved around by the people surrounding her.

At once, everyone's attention is diverted to the glass-paned ceiling as a series of bright orange explosions go off, and seconds later she watches as the shadow of her vigilante boyfriend drops into the room. However, she can't stare long as pieces of glass fall to the ground from the shattered roof. She puts her arms over her head to protect herself, wincing at the feeling of being nicked by glass. Rain is now misting into the Garden as Giselle spots Gordon on the stage. She begins to push through the throng of the terrified crowd, shoving past when need be.

Screams erupt once more and she turns to see Bruce dangling from the metal rafters above. Her heart nearly beats out of her chest for a moment before he places a well aimed kick at one of the Riddler's followers and lands soundly. The water level is beginning to rise even more now, and is soaking Giselle up to her knees. She takes the opportunity to climb up onto the stage, hurrying towards the back of it. One poorly aimed shot fires from above, slamming into the wall to the right of her.

Giselle glances over her shoulder to see Bruce rip the gun from her attacker's hand and hit him over the head with the butt of it. As a result of the sheer force of his blow, the follower goes tumbling off the rafters and into the crowd. Giselle goes to duck behind the stage, right as a group of firefighters and Gordon rush by her.

"Where are you going?" she shouts, turning to follow him.

"The rafters!" he bellows. "The hell are you doing here, girl?"

"The Batman told me to find you!" she exclaims. A flicker of knowing flashes over Gordon's face yet he says nothing. Instead, he cranes his neck in a motion for her to follow. Within seconds, Giselle is being forced to climb up the creaky metal behind Gordon and a few of his officers.

She hesitantly begins walking upon the rafter as her eyes land on Bruce, a few feet away, just as one of the Riddler's followers aims his rifle right at him. The bullet smacks into Bruce's chest and he goes flying, right off the rafter. He clutches holds on with only with a single hand. A scream emits from her throat as she lunges towards him, her body moving on its own accord.

She is vaguely aware of Gordon following as she reaches Bruce, falling to her knees as she reaches a hand out to him. It does not even begin to occur to her that she isn't strong enough to hoist him up on her own. However, she tries like hell as his stormy eyes find hers.

"Take my hand!" she sobs, stretching her fingers closer towards him. He takes it tentatively, his fingers slippery against hers. The weight of holding him up is more strenuous than she expects, and for a moment Giselle nearly topples off the rafters herself.

However, Gordon is suddenly there beside her, grabbing his other hand and the two together manage to get the masked vigilante back onto the metal rafter. Bruce is laying down, looking weak as Giselle moves to hover over him, panting.

Gordon stands up and begins shooting at another follower as Giselle cups the Batman's face. Tears are silently streaming down her cheeks out of pure fright and worry.

"Stay with me, please," she begs as he goes to try to get up before groaning. "It's okay, it's done. Don't try to get up,"

Giselle presses a worried kiss to his lips as he tries to murmur something to her. Just as she bends down to hear what he has to say, Giselle is yanked off of her boyfriend by her shirt and hair. She lets out a yelp as one of the Riddler's followers grabs a hold of her and pins her to the cool metal, which stings against her cheek. He pulls out a knife from his military pants, yet doesn't get the chance to cut or stab her.