Chapter 1

(Blood)

It was night, and North Carolina was taking a leisurely stroll through the forest. North Carolina had blond hair like her twin, South Carolina, she had pale skin and light red eyes. She wore a blue dress with a light coat over her shoulders. Suddenly, she was hit with a horrible headache, the worst she ever felt. As a solution, North Carolina ignored it, or at least tried, but as time passed, her head began to feel even worse. Time passed, North Carolina's throbbing head felt like it was ready to burst.

"Hello," A voice said from behind North Carolina.

North Carolina was startled by this, which caused her to fall.

"Nice to meet you too.." The voice behind North Carolina said, a hint of annoyance in their voice as they walked towards the state.

A boy stood behind her, maybe between the age of 13 or 14. The boy had tan skin with light green eyes and darkly colored ginger hair. His hair was curly and tied back with a blue ribbon. He wore a poet's shirt with black pants and long brown, leather boots. On top of his shirt he wore a brown coat with a leather satchel around him.

"What? No 'hello' or 'how are you'?" The boy asked, slightly irritated already.

"I-I- who even are you?" North Carolina responded, confused.

The boy rolled his eyes, "I'm Franklin. Welcome to my state,"

North Carolina looked dumbfounded," What? I didn't agree to this! This is my land!"

Franklin looked at her questioningly, "But didn't you give up your land only a short while ago?"

"I took it back like a month later!"

"Yeah, but in that month we gathered what we could and even drafted a state constitution!"

"Look child, I took the land back, so you shouldn't even exist. Now give me back my land!"

"No way, and even if I did, it's not like the people would even want to go back..."

"Oh please, you have no idea what you're doing. I'd say, you'll be back in four years or so"

"Strangely specific time frame..."

"That's not the point. You'll be back, resistance is futile."
"Whatever," Franklin said as he turned away from North Carolina, "I can do it, in fact I could probably be better than you and the other states! Maybe even the Empires in Europe!"

North Carolina laughed at this remark, and said sarcastically," Oh really, what are you going to do? become your own country?"

Franklin glared at her and replied, "No," while silently thinking to himself, 'that would make a nice backup plan though...'

This statement had North Carolina giggling," Okay kid, good luck with that."

Franklin growled at the bigger state and stomped off to who-knows-where as he yelled out, "I'll see ya at Congress!"

"It's nice to have dreams, sadly those dreams will never come true."

Franklin hissed at the statement as he pushed through the dense forest, headed towards Greenville. 'So much for Southern hospitality' Franklin thought as he pushed furiously through the trees, 'I'll show her just how great I can be...'

North Carolina, still giggling, as the angered 'state' walked off into the distance, had stood up and dusted herself off. After she had finished laughing, she headed off into the direction of South Carolina, knowing she would have the same reaction.

Meanwhile, Franklin was still walking through the forest, slightly calmer thanks to him beating up a tree. Though it didn't exactly leave pleasing results on his hand seeing as they were now covered in blood. 'Cr*p,' Franklin thought as he examined his hands. He didn't have anything in his satchel that could help, in fact it was completely empty. Something he would surely fix when he arrived at Greenville, where most of his newly formed Government operated. Of course his capital was Jonesborough, but he felt more at home in Greenville.

He continued his walk through the lonely forest, a cool, gentle breeze blowing through every now and again. It was peaceful, but yet there was something stopping the peace from coming close to reaching Franklin. Feeling like something was not going to work out, he chose to ignore it and soon found himself in Greenville, surrounded by all the poor people that had left North Carolina to form him, the State of Franklin. He was fully confident that Congress would accept him as a state and he would be admitted into the Union, but that would only be if they chose to ignore one factor...