𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕖 ۵

"No, I can't do this," Katsuki says, pushing Dabi away over the chest.

Katsuki pulls away from Dabi's neck. The older male doesn't know why his boyfriend is stopping him all of a sudden. The explosive blond is usually in the mood for this and it's not as if sex hasn't become part of their routine by now which is why he can't help but be confused about it.

"What's wrong?" Dabi asks. He assumes that maybe Katsuki isn't feeling well, but maybe he's the one doing something wrong, or maybe Bakugo just got bored of him. Though of course he doesn't wish for any of that to be true, but instead of an answer from his partner a question escapes out of Katsuki's lips that leaves him even more confused.

"Do you even love me?"

"What?"

"Do you?"

"Why are you asking me this now?"

"See, you can't even answer it."

Dabi noticed the way Katsuki's voice broke, not excepting, however, tears cascading down his cheeks when he turned to look at him making Dabi's eyes widen slightly at the sight. Why? He wants to ask. He wants to know. But he finds himself unable to say a word.

"Damn it," Katsuki cusses, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand, "what the fuck is this."

And Dabi stands there, not knowing what to say or what to do. He'd never in a million years, expected to see Katsuki cry. Obviously, he's shocked. He's sure anyone would've been shocked. This is new to him and from the way the blond reacted tells that this is new for him too. Katsuki puts his hand down and looks at Dabi again.

"I mean, when was the last time you told me you loved me?," Katsuki raises his voice but pauses for a bit as if contemplating about it then carries on, "I can't remember it. It's like you're ashamed to be with me."

"Huh?," the older male scowls, "what kind of nonsense are you talking about?"

Katsuki doesn't stop there, neither with the cries nor the vents. It's as though he wasn't listening to Dabi in the slightest bit. "Are you ashamed to be with me? Is that it? Or maybe you just don't love me at all. I don't know what you're thinking, Toya! If that's how it is, you could have just said so. It feels like I mean nothing to you at this point. I— I can't keep doing this."

How could Katsuki say that? That wasn't true. None of it.

"It's not like I want to feel this way! I really don't. Things like these are a pain, you know?! I met you. My life turned into a mess. I have no idea who I'm becoming anymore! I really...," the blond lowered his voice and a little after grinding his teeth, "hate this..."

Dabi doesn't know what to say. He doesn't know what to do. All things considered, he never expected for Katsuki to feel this way, either. Things have been going fine between them. Thinking about it, this is the first fight they'd had ever since getting together.

On top of that, this is Katsuki Bakugo. The Katsuki Bakugo he knows doesn't get hurt or let alone cry.

It's no surprise to say that Katsuki is the strongest person Dabi has ever met. Nothing like the one he's seeing in front of him right now, but what he's seeing in front of him right now is because of him. The fact that Katsuki even bothered to shed tears for him shows how serious the blond is about this, about them. He hurt Katsuki...his heart aches at the sight. He doesn't want to see this. He can't see this.

The silence from Katsuki is enough to indicate he's waiting for Dabi to do something about this but when the older hasn't, "Forget it. This is useless. I don't think you care anyways."

Katsuki walks past Dabi. He knows Katsuki is going to leave and if he doesn't do anything about it now, he knows he'll lose the explosive blond forever. It scares him, he doesn't want to lose Katsuki. With that, he approaches the other and grabs his wrist before the male can reach the door, "Wait."

Katsuki turns to Dabi, "What?"

"Look, I'm sorry that I fucking suck at this, all right?!," that he admits, "I was wrong. Just—"

Dabi sighs. He cups Katsuki's cheek and wipes the tears away on both cheeks with his thumb. God, he really sucks at this, but he's trying his best.

He's stupid for making Katsuki cry in the first place.

It never occured to him until now, as he wipes his lover's tears away, that he likes it better when he sees Katsuki smile when helping others, when he sees the blond laugh playing with those cats he comes across. When Katsuki is just... happy.

Maybe he should've told Katsuki how beautiful he is, should've told him he misses him whenever he does miss him, should've told him he loves him... He believes there's a lot that he should've done, but he didn't. This wouldn't have happened if he did. It's all his fault. He hasn't been expressive with his feelings for Katsuki all this time. For that, he kisses the blond, slowly drawing away, then pulls Katsuki into an embrace.

"I love you, Katsuki," Dabi says, nuzzling Katsuki's shoulder and tightening his embrace, "I mean it."

The room is filled with nothing but silence as if Katsuki is processing what he just heard and reciprocates the embrace by the time he does, "I love you too, Toya."

Unlike before, the fiery male notices the joy in Katsuki's voice, "What, you're happy already?"

The explosive male hums before burring his face against his boyfriend's shoulder, "You said you love me." The older chuckles as he feels the smile on his lover's face.

It brings a smile to his face, too. He's happy when Katsuki is happy. Maybe it's corny but it's true.

"Yeah," Toya travels his hand to the back of Katsuki's spiky hair, tangling his fingers there, kissing the top of his head, "I'll tell you more often."