Part 15

"Your majesty! Princess Athanasia has awoken!"

Felix's voice rang around the room, getting the attention of Claude. The knight went to Athy who had just opened her eyes and started asking multiple questions.

"Princess, can you see me? Do you know who I am?"

Athanasia woke up grasping her chest and eyes filled with flowing tears. Her hands clenching her dress as she felt an agonizing pain and began wailing.

"Waaaaaaah!"

Felix panicked and called out for her. His eyes turned to the side of Athy where he saw Ana still in deep sleep. Just then, Athy turns her body towards Felix, "Ugh. It hurts...!"

Squealing in pain, she hugged herself as if her insides felt like they were on fire. The aching of her body did not cease. Felix turned to the father, "what should we do, your majesty?"

The said latter turned to the magician who flinched and was bowing low to the ground, "What do you think you're doing? I told you to heal her. And why is Anastasia still asleep?" He monotonously asked, "What on earth did you do to make her condition worse?"

The magician opened his mouth to explain, "I beg you pardon your majesty, but the princesses' condition has not worsened. It is only because she is conscious now that she is feeling the pain."

"Her highness, Princess Athanasia's mana is colliding with princess Anastasia's mana. The two aren't compatible with each other's mana and suggest that they should separate." Felix's eyebrows furrowed and frowned, seeing that there is no way that it should happen. They are sisters and they love each other a lot. They have been by each other's' side for they were family.

The magician hesitantly continued, "And there isn't anything we could do when their mana is leaping to and fro inside her body like this..."

The room's atmoshpere became chilling and intense when the emperor spoke, "So I told you to find a solution, and yet you don't even have the decency to be ashamed of your incompetence."

The magician began to shake in fear and stuttered, "I b-beg your forgiveness, your majesty. But I am the most knowledgeable ("most knowledgeable" my ass) among the royal magicians when it comes to mana abnormalities."

"It is unlikely that another magician will be of help to the princesses at this stage..."

"Do you wish to die?"

The man who kneeled down gasped in fear. The room was silent except for the sniffles of Athanasia as she gazed up to her father.

Claude spoke with an unknown emotion, "you have an intricate way of asking to be killed."

"Bring in another magician. And lock him in the dungeon," he ordered the two guards who are now dragging the magician.

"Your majesty!" The magician's call echoed as it further became silent.

"If your wish to live, try harder with that pee brain of yours. If you continue to say the same useless things, I'll start cutting off your limbs one by one before I chop your head off." He said and turned around, looking down at Athy who was still crying in pain. "I-it hurts. Daddy, it hurts... waaa!"

Seeing her state, Claude's face hardened with a frown. He raised his hand towards her head, "You're too noisy, go to sleep."

Dude! One of your daughters is sick and dying, is that all you've got to say?!

An irked Athy thought to herself before feeling sleepy.

.

.