oneshot three.

[ Plot: Risa exclusively time travels in the early 20th century as her punishment, where she meets Binibining Maria Eleonora Gerona, the woman who made her life into a downfall. ]

TW: Violence, abuse, profanities, blood. Do not read if you are uncomfortable with these topics that will be mentioned, thank you!

Note: long fic ahead

✎...

"Hindi ka na namin nakitang rumespeto Ana Theresia!"

"Ayusin mo naman ang pag-aaral mo! Kinahihiya ko na maging anak ka, buti pa 'yung mga  kapatid mo mas matino at matalino pa sa'yo! Ikaw itong nakakatanda pero kung kumilos parang isip-bata!"

"Mga pinsan at kamag-anak mo nasa honors, ikaw? Puro bagsak! Ano ba napapala namin sa pagbayad ng tuition mo?"

"Your performances and academics in school are a disappointment, YOU are a disappointment Theresia. Isa ka bang Hontiveros?!"

Though her ears bled from hearing their pointless remarks that she didn't give a fuck about, she was used to the verbal harassment she receives on a daily basis. Her parents were on the verge of disowning her, but she didn't care because she felt useless in the world she lived in. Her parents treated her like utter crap, so the blame was always on her. They were obsessed with forcing her to live up to their standards. They had the freedom to entitle her as the family's black sheep or the daughter they denigrated.

In each lecture she gets, she is grounded for 24 hours, with no internet access, no exposure to entertainment, only unread textbooks, and only one meal to intake. She was used to the punishment but never really grew as a person as a result of it, there was no development in her behavior. Her parents' friends suggested moving her far away from their mansion because they believe it is the source of their hatred and trauma towards her.

Her parents disagreed with the idea because they didn't want Risa to be out of their sight. Ironically, they were concerned about their daughter's vulnerability to outside influences. Risa felt trapped, with no way of breaking free. Her physical health was deteriorating, as was her mental state. Her sleeping patterns were disorganized, her eating habits were unhealthy as she skipped meals, and her lack of social support made things even more difficult for her.

She felt as if she were cut off from her own home, isolated with no freedom awaiting her. She wouldn't use the term suicide or self-harm because all she wanted was to be able to move around like a normal human. Their parents would love, care, and pay attention to her more. It implied her as a teenager and as a person. This factor contributed to her poor academic and social abilities. Even her younger sister was not permitted to visit her. How cruel can they be? They forbade her sister from bonding with her.

"Can I just get away from this world?" She sighs deeply, closing her eyes and reaching for hope. She came to a standstill and turned her head slightly to the books she had left unread. She tries to find a book that her father gave her to read out of boredom. When the books were mostly about business, she scowled and groaned.

She had no interest in reading the books she had only flipped through, but a title piqued her interest.

Binibini, and kuwento ni Maria Eleonora

Risa for sure doesn't familiarize herself with a lot of Tagalog words, but she heard this word before from a song. She didn't know what got her curious to know more about the book, which was strange given that it was unauthorized. It was the title, which featured a plum-colored dusty book.

She used advanced technology to look up the book title, but there were no results.

"Maybe I can give this a...try?" She went back and lay down on the bed to make herself comfortable before reading the book. This was unusual for her because she had never been compelled to read a book before. She hopes the book she intended to read was worthwhile.