52 || Manhattan's skyline

"Where are we going?"

"Stop asking questions. I am not telling you." Chase insists.

"But we are already driving there! What's the point of still not telling me?" I complain, crossing my arms to my chest.

"I told you," He squeezes my bare thigh "a surprise.", as he keeps his gaze on the road.

"Fine!" I groan in frustration and I adjust the long sleeves of my black silk dress. I matched it with black heels.

My head is leaned on the window and I hum the lyrics of the song we are listening. I think I have made him a Harry Styles fan, otherwise he wouldn't have chosen a playlist full of his songs the moment we entered the car. He said he did it because he knows I love him, but he low-key enjoys it too.

He said Only Angel is my song.

"Wait," I turn to look at him in realization, a few minutes later, "we left New Haven." I am really confused right now.

"Did we?" He asks amused.

"Where are we goi-" I cut myself because a crazy idea crosses my mind "Are we-" Excitement builds up inside me.

"Are we what?" He squeezes my thigh.

"Nah, it was a crazy idea." I shake my head in disbelief, there is no way that we are going to New York.

"Tell me, you might be right." He insists.

"No."

"Come on!" He urges me, squeezing my thigh once again.

"No, you tell me!" I slap his hand that rests on my thigh "Now!" I yell. I am not actually mad, he knows that I am joking.

"Fine, fine!" He raises his one arm in surrender and I grin satisfied "New York." He admits and I squeal excited covering my mouth.

"I knew it!"

"I figured." He chuckles "But that's the only clue you are getting. Don't ask anything else." He warns me, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, yeah." I rest my back on my seat relaxed. I am so happy that we are going back to the city that I don't care to learn details. It's New York, this information is more than enough.

"Good."

Not a minute later, my phone starts ringing and I see my mother's name when I check the screen. I pick up immediately "Hi mum!" I speak first with a big smile on my face.

"Someone sounds happy!" She teases me laughing. I can tell that she immediately relaxed, hearing my voice and the fact that I am in a good mood. We haven't talked since Tuesday and back then I hadn't sorted out things with Chase, so my mood wasn't the best. We text everyday, though, but I haven't told her anything yet. I will do it as soon as possible.

"I am excited that you call me. How are you, mum?"

"I am fine, honey. You? How are you? That's what I want to know." Her voice is so calming when she wants to.

"I am good. Everything is fine."

"You sound like you are telling the truth. So, what does this mean?"

I am about to answer her question but Nate's voice interrupts me "That son of a bitch is responsible for that?" He yells. My eyes widen and I turn to look at Chase but his attention is still on the road, he didn't hear Nate.

No, he did. He bites his lip in order to hide his reaction.

"Tell him to shut up." I tell to my mother.