𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

[

[ . . . ]

ON THE FOURTH DAY, SHE CAME TO A REALISATION. In her eyes, Sunghoon shone brighter than any star in the galaxy. To her, he was the one she sought when she needed light and when she needed guidance. Even with her eyes closed, she could see him. He was always there. If not in front of her, in her mind. If not in her mind, in her heart. Sunghoon was her heart and soul, and she'd do anything for him. Even sacrificing her own life to let him live. 

To her, it seemed like a selfless thing to do. Anything for him as long as he lived on, but she failed to realise that without her, Sunghoon held little to no purpose. Without her, he was nothing more than a walking corpse. She brought life to him. She showed him what it was like to live, not just survive. 

She cried for him that night, cried for his death, cried for his life and cried for she had failed him. Her tears, when they touched the soil, gave life to new flowers. Her tears were different from Sunghoon's. They almost seemed to bring life to whatever they touched. It had always been like that.

Glancing at Sunghoon, she gave him a questioning look. 

'Are you ready to die?'

'Are you ready to live without me?'

'No,' she answered with honesty. 

She wasn't, and would never be. She could not picture a life without him, without his touch, his voice, his presence. It was no lie that Sunghoon made her days brighter, better, and more enjoyable. Every single day ever since she met him, she had gotten to sleep with a smile, knowing she was going to see him the next day. 

Without him, she was nothing. 

[ . . . ]