Chapter 12

Damien's P.O.V.

Fastening the buttons of my suit, I grabbed my favorite Rose gold Patek Philippe watch from the vanity and tied it around my right wrist.

Today will be fun.

The girl of my dreams was my enemy. Such an irony. No wonder I felt a strong pull towards you Emmaline. Sadly, that pull wasn't of love but hatred.

A scoff escaped my lips. I was thinking of enshrining my future with my enemy. Moon Goddess forbade me.

But the game has become more interesting now. My Princess, lastly, I got you. That's why you were able to read my mind that day, you could feel my eyes on you. My wolfy, you can fool the entire world but not a werewolf itself. Our fate crossed paths and left you at my doorstep, and now I can't wait to crush you between my fingers.

It would be interesting to see how you'll be able to hide this fact from me? I want to see your reaction when I'll expose you in front of everyone.

But not now. Today my Princess had planned on paying the money for breaching the contract. You didn't make a mistake Honey by slapping me in fact you committed a sin. I am gonna make you shed tears of blood for messing with Damien Knight, the son of Alpha of the pack which had swallowed your ungrateful pack years ago.

Chuckling to my inner thoughts, I grabbed the keys and headed outside my pack house. Yesterday Zion brought me to my penthouse but when my rage simmered down, I took a U-turn to my pack house which is situated on the outskirts of the city. As it was a big day for me so I decided to drive myself. I couldn't wait to confront that wench.

Climbing in my love, Lamborghini Aventador, I pressed the button, reviving the engine back to life, and headed to Knight Corporation.

Time skip

At Knight Corporation

Justin, my bodyguard opened the door for me. Alighting the car, I handed him the keys and removed my shades. With a handful of my guards, I made my way to the premises and was about to step in when my eyes landed on a fragile figure who was tottering to the building.

She was none other than Emmaline.

She was dressed in a plain blue blouse that was tucked in a black knee-length skirt and she was looking elegant as usual. Emmaline was svelte which was far away from my taste but her one glance can make my heart skip a beat. I know I should hate her but man, she is so tempting to be avoided. Her silver as always was tied up neatly in a ponytail that reached to her waist. She had her sling bag on her right shoulder and her other hand was holding a file.

My brows instantly scrunched.

'What's that for?'

Nevertheless, I followed her trail as she stepped inside my company and without temporizing, headed to the receptionist. All of a sudden, an excruciating pain erupted in my chest.

'Did she manage to collect the amount that was mentioned in the sunset clause in one day?'

It's good if she succeeded but why I don't feel happy? I wanted this before, didn't I?

'But what's really in that dossier? It looks like an interview file', Scar murmured in a worried tone. That grabbed my attention.

Debating my thoughts, I stopped at an earshot of her and flicked my fingers in the air, gesturing for Justin to leave me alone. Though he seemed reluctant and confused, still he bowed his head and left me. Let's wait for the scene to unfold instead of jumping to conclusions.

"Here's the amount for infringing the contract", Emmaline spoke to Sara, the receptionist while taking out a white envelope from her sling bag. Placing it on the counter, she looked back at Sara who was staring at her with shock-filled eyes just like me.

"Are there any formalities left because I have already given my resignation letter to Boss? So, please give me my experience certificate as I have a job interview in an hour."

"Job interview?", the words slipped from my mouth on their own grabbing the attention of both the females. Emmaline turned around but my heart stopped when I stared into her tired eyes.

'Did I make her cry? Why does she look so weak? Didn't she get proper sleep?'

Random thoughts flooded my mind as I stared at her distraught face.

'You're doing injustice, Damien', Scar growled freezing me on spot.

This fact sliced my heart. She indeed looked unhappy. She was trying hard to mask her expression but the defeated look in her blue orbs was evident. She looked helpless and troubled. She didn't want to leave this prestigious job but now she had to as I tried to harass her.

Hold on a second.

'What's wrong with me?'

I was pulled back into reality when I noticed Emmaline striding toward me. Standing at a good distance from me, she handed me the envelope. I looked at that piece of white paper in which the reward of all her hard work was stashed and then shifted my gaze back to her.

"Here's the amount. Now if you could please excuse me, Mr. Knight, I have some important work." She spoke in a plain tone.

Her answer only riled me up. I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me but watching her leaving was only agitating me. I was the one who pushed her off her limit yesterday earning a slap but now I don't want her to leave me.

Her lips puckered in a cute pout as she stared at me with a frown. Must be confused as to why I was being a statue instead of taking what I wanted. My gaze raked all over her face and stopped at her pink, succulent lips. Oh, how badly I wanted to kiss them.

"Sir?"

Emmaline again called me but I was lost in my sinful thoughts. My gaze was pinned on her soft, pink lips that were coated with a gloss and looked like a delicious jelly.

"Sir, kindly take this. I am getting late."

Emmaline said shattering my castle of dreams. I stared into her mesmerizing blue orbs only to find despise and contempt in them.

That hurt badly.

She desperately wanted me to speak something to her but my lips were sealed as her beauty and her divine presence had sewed them together.

Frustrated with my silence, Emmaline grabbed my right hand. Electric sparks ran through my whole being when she touched me. She then placed that envelope in my right palm and retreated her hand. My skin cried at the loss of her warmth.

"Thanks for everything."

With that, she turned her heels and started leaving.

The fuck, she just can't leave me like this. How dare she?

I felt anger surging through my veins. This wasn't what I have decided. It will ruin all my plans. She has to stay by my side otherwise how will I punish her for her mistake.

Mistake for making me fall for her.

Mistake for making me feel what I've never felt before- no wait, let me rephrase.

She is my enemy. I won't be able to torture her if she stays away.

Yup, that's right.

This can't be the end.

I panicked as I stared at her retreating figure. Without thinking twice, I ran after her.

"WAIT, EMMA!!!"