chapter 4 | giving in

MALIA'S POV: (There will be a Kade POV soon.)

(tw: assault.)
"Ow! You burned me!" Dallia winced as she drew away from Merlia. Rolling her eyes, Merlia muttered to herself as she kept curling Dallia's hair. Shyla snorted, shoving chips in her mouth as she assessed the dresses lying on the bed. Shyla put her eyebrow up in question, grabbing both the dress and shoving them in my face.

"Okay, so black or teal? I don't know because I love the aesthetic of being a bad bitch that only wears black, but also teal makes my skin color POP, you know? But also, the teal is sparkly, and I don't know if that's too showy for the club-" She rambled before Kiaa cut her off.

Kiaa laughed, "NOTHING is too showy for the club."

I nodded my head; my aunt once wore a full-on wedding dress to the club and had no shame about it. Shyla groaned, turning to me and holding both of them up again.

"Which one?" She asked.

I pretend to think for a while; knowing her, she'll probably go with the one I didn't pick.

"Black," I say while turning around and grabbing my makeup kit.

Shyla scrunches her eyebrows up, "Nah, ima do the teal dress." she says while heading to the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes; I thought of wearing teal at first but chose to wear a simple red Monica dress that was snatched at my waist and had a long slit down my left leg.

With it, of course, I wore converse.

Because I am the type of girl who will immediately fall when I wear heels, I do find that embarrassing.

I did try and take 'modeling' classes once, but that didn't turn out so well since the teacher seemed appalled about how bad I had walked. Not that I cared that much, though, even though I did end up eating ice cream in my bed as I grumbled on about how mean she was to Merlia.

Kiaa walked out of the closet in the dress she had picked, a beautiful emerald green silk dress that stopped in the middle of her thighs. She wore her natural hair, and her curls bounced around her as she walked in front of us.

She smiled, bowing towards us before she twirled, "How do I look?" Kiaa asked while flattening down her dress.

Rheas mouth popped open, "Like a damn model."

Kiaa blushed with embarrassment, smiling as she mumbled a quiet 'thank you.'

Rhea pulled my hand towards the table where we had put all the makeup, "don't flinch," she warned before taking out the tweezers.

My eyes widened, "Oh hell no," I said before making a run for it.

Before I can even make it two steps, Rhea pulls me back before glaring at me.

"Don't make me tie you up, Mija." She scolds.

She did this almost every three weeks to me, this torture.

I threw my head back, "Why God?" I asked.

She slapped my shoulder, "Don't mock!" Rhea says while plucking at my eyebrow hairs.

"You're lucky my mother is not here. She would have hit you with The Wooden Spoon." She says while shivering.

I laughed; Camila was pretty scary when it came to jokes about religion.

Shyla came out, faking a model walk as she threw her hair back, but of course, being Shyla, she quickly started white girl twerking.

She can never be serious.