v. the night at brando's

CHAPTER FIVE
trigger warning! slight smut

CHAPTER FIVEtrigger warning! slight smut

THE TAINTED FUMES OF SMOKE infiltrated the living room: leaving a distinct odor. One that could cause both young girls in the Newton/Shivers household to be grounded for eternity. Jimena and Brooke had asked permission to go out while their Mother was slightly preoccupied. Eva Shivers barely understood what she agreed to, her complete attention stuffed in one of her crime novels.

Jimena scrunched her nose in disgust as she maneuvered through the crowded space. It reeked of a party. She had no idea how Brooke had convinced her to go to Brando's "get-together" Brando's out of all places (she hardly spoke to him while in the same friend group). Her hand gently wrapped around a bottle of Vodka. She required a splash of liquid courage while surrounded by her classmates. Slowly, preparing herself for the inevitable — seeing Niccolò.

"That looks like a little bit too much," The young girl shuttered at the instantly recognizable voice. Jimena's lips pursed as she glanced at her ex-boyfriend. Sebastian chuckled in response. "You know you can't hold your liquor, firecracker." It didn't go unnoticed to Jimena of the emphasis of his given nickname on her. He exclusively utilized it to divide her from others: separating her from her name and assigning her as his.

"Thanks for your concern," Her tone seemed almost sincere till her lines twitched into a sneering smirk. "But I don't think I should be getting advice from someone who has to attend court-ordered AA meetings." As she raised the drink to her mouth, accepting the bitter taste, she observed as his grin curled sinisterly. Sebastian's fist formed a ball: Jimena always managed to get under his skin.

"You'd be getting advice from someone who's six months sober," He sneered, ignoring her comment on his mandatory meetings. It was no secret over the boy's "summer incident," in which he drunkenly crashed his brand new Porsche into an unsuspecting tree. But, with his last name comes great power. His father, Sr. Sebastian Knight, made it all disappear — earning the boy a slap on the wrist.

Her perfectly sculpted eyebrows rumpled in confusion, carrying notice of the lit joint in his hand.

"I didn't say I would stop doing everything," A playfulness assembled in his tone. Jimena scuffed, straining to shove past him. He grabbed her arm, his immense strength clashing with her petite frame. Her sights burned into his grasp: Sebastian's actions reminded her of how out of love she had fallen from him.

"C'mon, don't leave," He pleaded, his manner falsely resembling a caring style. It frightened Jimena how quickly he could crack: she held her breath, preparing to scream if he didn't release her. As if reading her mind, he let loose. "You look beautiful tonight," The thrown compliment accomplished nothing to alter her empty gaze.