Chapter 22: Jack Kelly's POV

Well, it was time for Crutchie, JoJo and I to leave, but I wish that we were able to leave because of our own choices, not because we were basically chased out of New York. At least the people that still cared about me were able to come to the train station, so that I could say goodbye to them before I left and probably never come back.

"Well, Jack. I wish that you didn't have to leave like this, and as much as I will miss you, I know that it will be for the best. I just hope that some day that you will come back and visit. And remember that you are always welcomed at the theater", Ms. Medda said with tears in her eyes.

"I will miss you too, Ms. Medda. Maybe one of these days, Crutchie, JoJo and I will come back to New York"

"Crutchie and JoJo, make sure that you take care of Jack for me", she said as she turned toward Crutchie and JoJo.

"We will, Ms. Medda", JoJo stated.

"We won't let anything happen to him, Ms. Medda". Ms. Medda backed away from me, then Katherine walked toward me.

"Jack, just make sure that you write to me every once in a while because if you don't, then I will have to personally drag you back into New York myself", Katherine joked while she had some tears in her eyes. She hugged me, then she kissed me on the cheek, then she backed away from me.

Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs walked toward me, then hugged me. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Jack, and I hope that you would be safer in Santa Fe, then maybe you could come back to New York", Mrs. Jacobs said.

"Well, Jack. I wish that things were better for you here, but we understand that you have to leave. If you ever decide to come back, then you are always welcome at our house", Mr. Jacobs said.

"Thank you for letting me stay your apartment for the time being. I really appreciated it". Both of them hugged me, then backed away from me.

Lastly, Sarah, Davey, and Les walked toward me. Les immediately hugged me.

"I wish that I could have apologized to you earlier. I didn't think that it would be the last time that I would see you"

"I know, but just like I told Ms. Medda, I might come back to visit New York one of these days"

"Well, I will be waiting for that day to come"

"It was really nice to meet you, Jack. I hope that I will be able to see you again very soon", Sarah said as she joined in on the hug. Sarah and Les eventually let go of me and went back to join their parents, then Davey approached me.

"I honestly don't know what to say since everyone else pretty much said what I wanted to say", Davey chuckled a little bit. "I will miss you a lot, Jack. You helped me become so much of who I am right now"

"Well, you did that on your own, Davey, and I will miss you too. Thanks for everything". Davey and I hugged each other, then I heard the train whistle. Well, it was time to go. "We have to go now, but I will make sure to write a letter as much as I can"

"Bye Jack. Bye, Crutchie. Bye, JoJo"

"Bye, Davey"

"Bye, Davey". Once the train arrived, Crutchie, JoJo and I handed in our tickets, then we climbed aboard the train. When the train started to move, we all waved one last goodbye to everyone before they were out of our sight.

"I will sort of miss New York. I had some good and bad memories here"

"I know. Jack, do you think that we will ever come back?". I looked out the window when Crutchie asked that question. Will we ever come back to New York? I don't even know that answer myself.

"I don't know, Crutchie. I don't know". I continued to look out the window, thinking about my new life in Santa Fe will begin. Goodbye New York. Hello Santa Fe.