Meeting Her (Officially)

A few hours later you're holed up in your room trying to find something to wear. Tony has called a meeting so you can meet the team, most of which also live in the compound. 

Eventually, you settle for a simple outfit. Black leggings and an army green sweatshirt, you've perfected your eyeliner and your acne is almost unnoticeable. Your long, chestnut brown hair falls loosely around your shoulders. 

At least the leggings have pockets. 

You slip your phone, AirPods, and a pen into them, and make your way downstairs.

The compound is fairly familiar, but you still made sure to make time to walk around and get a lay of the land. 

The meeting is supposed to be in conference room 4, so as you make your way down the hallway, you count the doors. 1..., 2..., 3..., 4. You pause and take a deep breath before opening the door and stepping into the room.

When you walk in, Tony is sitting in a chair at the end of the table.

 "Your late," he starts 

"yeah, by like 3 minutes." 

"still late" you roll your eyes. 

"Whatever, anyway," you say as you turn to the rest of the people seated at the table. 

You're secretly satisfied when you notice you're not underdressed for this. There's a wide variety of people here. The first people you notice are an absolutely jacked, tall, blond man Steve Rogers. everybody knows him. Then, a tanner man with much darker hair. Bruce banner. Probably has the most PhDs in this entire room. Next to him is a guy who looks quite like bruce, but... shorter... and whiter. You don't recognize him. 

Then your eyes fall to the women. Looking around, you only recognize a couple of them. A decently skinny woman with short red hair is recognizable as Natasha Romanoff, the Russian spy. And a woman with short blond hair you remember is Carol Danvers, the alien. 

There are others but everything else fades away when you focus on the woman who answered the door just a few hours prior. You pause as you study her long, red curls and innocent-looking doe eyes. She seems really sweet; you'll have to get to know her better. Snapping out of it, you introduce yourself to them. "Hey, I'm y/n. I know most of you but you don't know me so...

They all introduce themselves.

Steve Rogers: Captain America

Bruce Banner: Hulk

Bucky Barns: Winter Soldier

Sam Wilson: Falcon

Thor Odinson: Thor

Loki Laufeyson: Loki

Peter Parker: Spider-Man

Dr. Strange: Dr. Strange

Clint Barton: Hawkeye

Rhodey: War Machine

Scott Lang: Ant-Man

Vision: Vision

Phil Coulson: Agent Coulson

Maria Hill: Agent Hill

Natasha Romanoff (Nat): Black Widow

Carol Danvers: Captain Marvel

and finally, Wanda Maximoff: The Scarlett Witch; the girl at the door.

You tell them a bit about yourself and why you suddenly showed up at the compound after being gone for so long. The avengers are asking you questions when your father interrupts them "y/n is probably pretty tired from the trip here. She should wash up and get some rest, Wanda, could you show her to her room please?" 

"of course," she replies. 

Of course, he picks the hottest girl here to escort me. You think to yourself while Wanda gets up from her chair. 

You follow her through the hallway and chat about your lives and backgrounds and you decide that you really like her bubbly personality. 

You reach your new room and she begins to leave you so you can rest "wait..." you impulsively say. She turns around expectedly  

"could you help me unpack really quickly?" 

"yea sure" and she walks back into the room.

You two spend about an hour unpacking all of your stuff and continuing the conversation. You start to believe that you already have a new friend.

(623 words)