Chapter two (Tony's POV)

Tony strolls around the park alone, frantically sending Pepper a string of ‘I'm sorry.’ 

And ‘Forgive me please’ Messages. So far no luck, the most progress he made was that they were read, but even that wasn't a very good sign. Tony sighs, pocketing his phone. It’s hard to think how much he’d give up to take back that one mistake. His mind wanders, memories have hit replay. 

Thwip

“Tony stark.” 

That jerks him back to reality. Tony furrows his brows and stares at the man in front of him, dressed in blue clothes almost tunic like and a long red cloak. A golden ring spitting sparks behind him with a completely different landscape from the one behind him.

Man, does he need some fashion pointers. Other than that though, he’s pretty attractive.

Tony quickly dismisses that thought, he then realises he’s staring. 

“What?” Is all Tony says, like he has somewhere to be, somewhere more important, something more important to be doing, but he doesn't. 

“I’m Stephen Strange, I'm going to need you to come with me.” Stephen says, stepping closer. 

Tony frowns, taking a single step back. 

“Why?”

Stephen sighs and rolls his eyes. 

“We need your help, and I'm not overreacting when I say the fate of the universe depends on it.” 

This gets Tony’s attention. 

“OK, But who's we?” Tony inquires looking around, surely enough he only sees Strange standing near the portal. 

Then from behind Stephen, Bruce steps out.
“Hi, Tony.” Bruce says. 

“Bruce?” Tony says slightly confused.

Bruce steps in quite a bit closer. 

“You OK?” Tony asks slowly, as Bruce pulls him into a quick embrace, Tony hugs him patting him on the back, rather awkwardly. Tony looks at Stephens expectantly. 

Bruce steps backwards. 

“Come on, let go.” Stephen says stepping back through the portal Tony shoots Banner a look but he follows through the portal tony too but much more delayed and reluctant. They lead Tony through and onto the couch where he’s quickly introduced to a guy named Wong, from there they quickly break down what's happening, Tony tries to follow the storyline the best he can. Bruce explains about the attack on earth a couple years ago and how that attack was planned by Thanos. 

“How much time do we have?” Tony asks, a slight quiver to his voice he gets up from the couch and walks closer to stephen, wong and bruce.

“We don’t know…” Bruce sighs. 

“But he’s already the most powerful being in the universe, more so now that he has two infinity stones..” 

The four of them exchanged a glance, It wasn't looking very good to say the least. 

“If he gets his hands on all six stones..” 

“He could destroy the entire universe, everything, just.. Poof.” Strange finishes. 

Tony stretches half leaning on a cauldron planted by the staircase. 

“Are you really leaning on the cauldron of cosmos?” Stephen sighs. 

“Oh. is that what that is?” 

Stephen smacks Tony with his cloak. Tony turns to him with both eyebrows raised, both surprised and offended.

Tony looks Stephen up and down. 

“I’m going to let that slide.” Tony says calmly.

“If he needs all six, why don't we get rid of Strange's little stone?” Tony smirks. 

“No, definitely not. Nope.” Stephen shakes his head dismissively. 

For the first time in a while, Wong speaks up. 

“We swore to protect that stone with our lives.”

Tony shrugs and rolls his eyes. 

“Well, I swore I wouldn't have dairy then Ben and Jerry's ice cream named a flavour after me so…” Tony trails off. 

“Stark raving Hazelnuts.” 

“Not bad.” Tony smirks slightly at Stephen, surprised that knew. 

“It’s a bit chalky.” Strange shrugs.

“Our oath about protecting the time stone can’t change, plus this stone may be the only chance we have at beating Thanos.”

“But it may also be his chance to beat us.”