Prom Night || 18

heyy please do comment! this is gonna be fun i promise 😍

__

"are you done?" jungkook calls out in a lazy tone, sprawled on the couch with his laptop sitting on his chest and a bowl of popcorns on the keyboard. his eyes never leave the screen, watching a show that is meant to make people laugh, with such boredom that even the makers would be depressed. 

the room isn't really silent despite the boring and uninterested look on jungkook's face, jimin's voice is heard once in a while when he tries to discipline his three-year-old son who wouldn't sit quietly and have his dinner, frequently jumping from the couch or sometimes hiding near jungkook then erupting into a fit of laughter as he thinks his dad failed to find him. jimin sighs at the commotion, glancing back upstairs where his wife is busy with his sister, getting her ready for the big day. 

moreover it was the main reason they've been here since afternoon. jimin had received a frantic call from aera and from her voice, he concluded it was something serious; it was. she needed haewon's help getting ready for her prom night for which there's been another month-long bustle. from taking haewon for shopping with her so that aera doesn't accidentally get a lame dress and make a fool of herself, to getting new makeup, sandals, purse, everything under haewon's guidance, saying that she didn't want to risk anything. 

and it's been almost three hours since haewon joined aera to get her ready, leaving the brothers confused as to what was taking them so long. they couldn't possibly be under attack right now could they? 

jimin sighs deeply, standing up as he's done feeding jiwon and wipes the boy's mouth with a napkin, "alright, good boy. look, we're done eating," he smiles and jiwon nods with a giggle. 

"noona! aera! are you gonna come out today or not?" jungkook yells, making jiwon laugh as he climbs on the couch and sits near jungkook, leaning on his arm, "see jiwon, noona's taking so long," 

"noonaaaaa!" jiwon shouts, standing on the couch as jungkook chuckles, sitting up straight and bringing the toddler in his lap. "noona!" the boy gasps, wriggling away from jungkook's arms and slips down from the couch, running towards the stairs, grabbing attention from the brothers who follow his gaze, falling under an awestruck gaze when their eyes meet aera's figure walking down the stairs.

"wah..." jungkook whispers unconsciously, his eyes open wide and jaw hanging loose for he had never imagined his baby sister to look so elegantly beautiful in a gown like that until today. it warmed up his heart to see aera all grown up from the little girl he had always known, but also ignited a pang of insecurity that it was high time for him to be alert and kicks guys away because now he was certain of his sister's ability to grab guys like ash catching pokemons. no way. 

"ri..." then his eyes turn to his side, seeing the elder brother under a similar situation, circled with feelings and emotions, a hint of pride and a pinch of sadness that his princess is growing up, saying goodbye to high school now and will start a new journey of her life as an adult. 

her dress fits her just fine, as if it was made for aera itself. the shiny fabric of the top hugging her upper body with perfection and the ruffle that flows just above her knees from the front to dropping low at the back, makes her look like an angel, decorated with white heel sandals and her dark brown hair resting down from her shoulders like a soft touch of cotton— elegant and pretty in short.