Part-8

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Om what's my schedule for the day?" He asked Om while getting his makeup done for DDJ.

"Packup is expected to be around 9 or 9:30 at night....nothing else...." He said immediately.

"Can we plan something?like a dinner or something?i want to call laddoo....mera matlab hai Teja...." He said looking at him through the mirror.

"With you two?i can arrange that...." Om said quickly.

"No are you mad?not with me...." He said immediately with widened eyes.

"Then with me?i would love that as well...." Om said sarcastically.

Karan rolled his eyes.

"With me you and may be Jess?" He asked nervously.

"Why?you can go alone right?" He said seriously , looking at him.

He shook his head.

"Nope....that will be too much....she might not be comfortable....or may be she will take it in another way....or may be...." Before he could complete Om cut him off.

"Stop with your overthinking karan bhai....i am sure she must have gone for dinner with guy friends before...." He said rolling his eyes.

"Thanks Om for telling me that....but you are not getting it....she might think i am hitting on her which i am not...."

"Chor ki daari mein tinka...." Om muttered.

"I heard that...." Karan rolled his eyes.

"Fine....i'll be there....i'll contact Jess as well but where?" He asked taking out his phone.

"Not restaurants....the paps will follow....i cannot even freaking go to meet her....she is right in the next set literally....urrgghhhhh...." He said in frustration.

"Toh ek kaam karte hai video call mein dinner karte hai...." He said sarcastically.

"Om this is not funny...." He got up as his hair and makeup was done. Everyone except Om went out.

"You are thinking too much....if you meet her anywhere you will be papped....there is no other way....yes you can hide it once or twice but someday or the other you will be photographed...." He said as a matter of fact.

"I know....but still....let's make a plan at my place?" He asked looking at Om.

"Cool....i will tell Jess...."

"No no....what will she think if i invite her straight up to my place....Jess's place?" He asked scratching his head.

"Cool....i will tell Jess...."

"No no wait....she will think why am i taking her to my friend's place...." He said restlessly.

Omi looked at the ceiling and sighed.

"Tell me one thing Karan bhai....why do you want to call her for dinner?"

"Because she is upset....she is genuinely not happy....she shoots for 14 hours and then goes home and stays upset because she has a stupid best friend of an excuse who keeps ignoring her and hurting her....and then there is this crazy guy she is in love with who doesn't love her back....samajh nahi aata kis category ka gadha hai....who doesn't love her back....i really don't want her to sulk....she has to get out of this sadness....she needs friends to mingle with....she needs to go out have fun and i will make sure she does that...." He said with determination.

"You really love her don't you?" Om asked with a soft smile.

Karan looked at him startled and then relaxed. He would have known. It is no rocket science.

"Yes I do...." He said honestly.

"Tell her...."

Karan shook his head.

"I am not doing this to get her in my life....i am okay if she forever loves that guy....it's okay....even i will love her always....but she cannot be upset and sulking....she needs to be happy....i am doing this because she is a friend and i want her happy...." He said softly.

"Okay I'll call Jess and ask her to meet at your place....don't think too much....she won't take it in any other way....just tell her there is a get together and you want her to join....call umar and your beera if you are too conscious...."

"Great idea...." Karan said happily and messaged umar and Nishant quickly.

"Should I call her or text her?" He asked Omi.

"Telegram....or a letter....let me call a pigeon...." He said smiling sarcastically.

"Shut up....bol nuh...." He frowned.

"Call kar lo...." He shook his head and went out of the vanity and closed the door behind him.

Karan took a few deep breathes and called her.

"Hi Kundri...." She said in her chirpy voice after picking up the call which immediately made him smile widely.

"Hi laddoo...." He said in a soft voice. A voice that he never uses for anyone.

She could feel her cheeks heat up. She immediately closed her eyes to control her racing heartbeats.

"So finally kundri has the time to call me....say what can i do for you?why did you remember me suddenly?" She chuckled taunting him.

He chuckled softly.

"You are coming to my place for dinner tonight...." He said lovingly.

"Huh?" She could feel her heart beating frantically.

"Yeah i have planned for a random get together with friends....so you are coming....when is your pack up?" He asked firmly.

"Listen Kundri what will I do with your friends?" She said awkwardly.

"My friends are humans not apes....and they are nice people to chill with....and you are my friend as well...." He said rolling his eyes.

"Still Kundri i will be unwanted in your group....i would have understood if it was any occassion....but...." Before she could complete her sentence he cut her off.

"I called Umar and Nishant as well...."

She didn't say anything. She knew he had called them just so that she did not refuse him. He knew she would be awkward and he called them just to make it comfortable for her.

"Okay...." She said slowly not finding any more reason to refuse it.

"When is your pack up?" He asked softly.

"10...." She said slowly.

"I'll pick you up....ask uncle aunty....tell them you will be late....and if you want i can talk to them...." He said comforting her. She needed it. And he would make sure she was absolutely fine. The bubbly chirpy girl and not the girl without a smile.

"They won't have any problem....i will talk...." She said softly.

"Okay then....send your driver home...."

"Okay....see you then...." She said in a low voice.

"See you...." He chuckled and disconnected the call.

He sighed and smiled.

The bird has flown away from the nest to the place of no return....
The only thing that remains is the nest filled with emptiness....
Will the bird ever return to the heartbroken nest?
The nest that was destroyed with the storm of love....