10 (Pretend)

"Oh Changbin hyung yeah. My car is not in the best condition right now so it'll take some time. Yeah don't worry, we'll be there as soon as we can", Hyunjin ran a hand through his slightly grown black hair as he conversed with his friend. Felix on the other hand was busy staring at a flower.

He was crouched down beside the almost stranded road. His fingers gently tracing over the white petals of the daisy. He found it amusing that it was the only daisy swaying gracefully in the field full of yellow daffodils.

"What are you looking at?"

Hyunjin crouched down beside him, following the younger's gentle gaze. A warm smile grew on his face as he watched the blonde caress the white petals so carefully.

"I want to keep it but I also don't want to pluck it", Felix muttered under his breath but Hyunjin heard him. "Don't pluck it if you don't feel like it"

Felix turned around to look at Hyunjin with a small frown, "Kinda funny how we always want to keep pretty things to ourselves even if it means destroying them"

Hyunjin stood up with a sigh, stretching his hand for the shorter boy to hold, "I guess that's just human nature. Knowingly or unknowingly we are all kinda selfish, aren't we?", Felix hummed giving the daisy one last pat before he held Hyunjin's hand and stood up straight.

"So what were you talking about?", Felix spoke changing the topic, indicating the call the taller was on a couple minutes earlier.

Hyunjin handed the blonde his phone, "I was talking to Changbin hyung. I don't think this car is gonna last us long if we don't check up on it soon. But we are literally in the rural side so we won't find any help here unless we ask around"

"Then what are we gonna do if the car won't work? And where will we stay?", Felix frowned, tucking his phone back in his washed blue denim pant pocket.

"Let's go on a bit further and ask if we can get a shelter here. The car would last us just fine till we reach that village over there", the ravenette pointed at the small village in a distance.

--------

"Oh Seungmin? You weren't here for a week, everything okay?"

"Ahh Channie hyung! Yes everything is fine. I just went to pay a visit to my family", well it was true, his friends were his only family here but no one needed to know that.

"Your family must live far for you to take a week's leave", Chan said as the two of them walked through the hallways of their university in Seoul.

"Yeah pretty far actually, it'll take a day to even reach there by road. Trains would make it easier but travelling on the road just hits different", Seungmin heaved a dramatic sigh making Chan giggle.

"I'll see you at the dorm. Bye hyung!", the younger waved Chan a goodbye with a cheerful smile before he walked into his class. He was younger then Chan by a year and half so they had different classes ofcourse but they were dorm mates.

Seungmin can't just attend his classes everyday if he lived at his home with his friends so he had a dorm room here. And much to his relief his dorm mate was a really good person. Although the two of them were not that close because they rarely get to see each other except for when they are at their dorm room. But Seungmin knew that Chan was a really sweet person who cares a lot about the people around him so he felt safe around the older.

Yeah he didn't know much about him. But for a fact, he knew that Chan is from Australia so his family is still back there in that beautiful country while he is here to complete his studies from his dream university. Well Seungmin also knew that the older has a close friend, not that he knew anything about him because he didn't bother asking Chan about it.

Later that night, two boys were laying on their respective beds after having completed a tiring day. Seungmin rolled to his side, facing Chan as he spoke to him. "Hyung you didn't get a single call yet? That's odd"

Chan bit the inside if his cheek nervously and plus he was still sad and broken about Felix leaving so abruptly "Maybe he's busy", he lied. Seungmin found it odd because Chan's friend was a clingy and affectionate person who would call Chan every few hours just because he felt like it.

"Lix? Am I right?"

"Yeah. But that's just the nickname I gave him. It's Felix", Chan chuckled sadly remembering how it's been three days and he didn't have a single idea about how or where the small blonde was.

'Felix..? Where else have I heard that name before?', Seungmin rolled on his back, staring at the ceiling as he tried to remember where he had heard the familiar name.

He yawned feeling his eyelids get droopy as they closed shut. He held onto his second pillow tightly, snuggling into it before he fell asleep. Chan glanced to his side to find Seungmin fast asleep, with a gentle smile he stood up and pulled the blanket over half of his body to make sure he won't catch a cold as the weather was getting more frosty.

Chan sighed sadly, it's been three days and he still wasn't over it. He just couldn't feel okay without Felix. It felt like a major part of his life was simply ripped and taken away from him. 'I wish I knew where you are.. how you are..'

A single drop of tear escaped the fluffy brown haired boy's eyes as he tucked Seungmin in.

Seungmin felt something wet on his face, a water drop? The younger's eyes shot open when he felt another drop but he also heard a small whimper this time.

"Hyung?"

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to wake you up"

Chan was furiously wiping his red puffy eyes, his back facing the younger. He didn't feel like making the younger worry about his problems.

"Hyung.. look at me", Seungmin felt bad. He had never seen Chan look so vulnerable, the scene probably made him realize how much the older has to go through without letting any of his worries show on his face.

"It's okay I'm fine. Just go back to sleep"

"Hyung!", Seungmin wrapped his fingers around the older's wrist before he pulled him down making him sit on his bed. He wrapped his arm around Chan's shoulder making him face the younger.

It broke his heart to see how hard Chan was trying not to break down. Whatever was the reason, Seungmin felt bad about how Chan was constantly trying to be a person who wouldn't be known as a burden. He didn't cry nor did he complain, he was always ready to help the younger whenever he was in need.

"It's okay. You don't have to pretend to be fine. It's completely fine to cry when you feel like there's a lot going on", Seungmin patted his back soothingly.

"But i'm fine.."

"No you are not. Shut it hyung! Don't pretend to be strong all the time. If it hurts just let it out"

"I miss him...", Chan buried his face in his hands, small sniffles turning into louder sobs as his breaths hitched every now and then.

Seungmin pulled him closer, letting him cry on his shoulder while he wrapped his arms around Chan, supporting his trembling body.

"I miss Felix..."

A/N :
Fact of the day :
Bang Christopher Chan = Best human

ALSO OMG THIS BOOK HIT 200 READS WTF!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!😭