PART 38: Let Down

: ̗̀➛𝐘𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕✾

"War!"

"War, wait!" I called him again but he ignored me and kept walking. I had to run after him to catch up. When I grabbed his hand, he jerked it away harshly. I could tell what was on his thoughts when he cast me a shaken-eyed glance.

"Baby, don't you think—"

"P'Yin," Blue suddenly came to me and gave me my bag and also War's phone that was left in the dressing room. "You left these, phi." He smiled widely and War continued to walk without me having time to say anything.

I grabbed all the stuff harshly from Blue's hand and looked at him, furrowing.

"What are you trying to do earlier?" I questioned with a frustrated tone since I was also startled to see his face when I opened my eyes as I had actually assumed War had massaged me. Anyone who saw Blue's face being a mere inch away from mine might have been confused and misunderstood. The way War looked at me, I know what he was thinking.

"Nothing, phi. There is something on your face, so—"

"Do you think I'm stupid, huh?" I cut him off as he tried to talk like an innocent person.

"Phi, I—"

I pointed my finger in front of his face. "If anything happens between me and War, you better get ready," I said and walked away from that place, taking a step to follow my boyfriend that walked to our car.

As soon as I arrived at the parking lot, War was waiting next to the car and had an expression on his face that I couldn't describe.

"Open the door," he said flatly and I pressed the button on the car key. Without saying anything else, he entered the car and I took the wheel as well.

"War, I'm—"

"Let's go," he cut me off and threw his gaze out of the window.

As I stared at him, I wanted to say more but realized that doing so would only make matters worse. It would be better if I kept my mouth shut for the time being. Surely I wanted to let him know right away that this is not what he was thinking, what the fuck I want to kiss Blue but if we talk while one of us is emotionally unstable, it's useless.

I shifted the car into drive and I cast glances at him constantly, praying in my heart that the ridiculous thing he saw earlier wouldn't lead to an argument between us.

My phone rang and I pressed the green phone button on the steering wheel to answer the call from P'Aun.

"Hello, Yin. Where are you and War?"

"Do you want to have dinner with us or go straight home?" P'Aun asked and I looked at War.

"I'm not hungry," War muttered slowly as he realized I'm looking at him.

"We go straight home, phi. We may just order something for dinner," I replied.

"Oh okay. Drive safe."

"Okay, phi." I ended the call and let out a sigh when glancing at my boyfriend who still became quiet.

≖≖✿❁ ≖≖

When we arrived at home, War also didn't say anything and he straight away came inside our house without throwing a single glance at me.

"War." I grabbed his hand but again, he pulled it harshly.

"Don't touch me," he said flatly and his behavior now made me furrowed.

Has he actually created the idiotic idea that I wanted to kiss that kid? He is aware of how irritated I am with Blue and how much I dislike him, yet he suddenly acts as if he wants to lash out at me with the thought that I want to do something with that kid.