What's Fate

The suns of Tatooine shined on the little girl's face, all while she looked after her little brother.

His hair shined as spun gold, and his eyes were piercing, innocent.

Miona Skywalker looked like a goddess. Her hair was the color of ivory, and her eyes were a gorgeous emerald green. You wouldn't guess that the two are related, only by how close they always were to each other.

With her age, she was graceful and elegant, but anyone could tell she could hold her own in a fight.

With the beauty she possessed, many knew of her and her angelic nature; and also how she never showed any interest in the many willing bachelors.

But, what many wondered, was the age gap between the Skywalker siblings. Miona was the age of 20, with Anakin's young age of 9.

Miona and her family had it hard, staying on the sand-filled planet. Living as slaves.

Because of the small living space, they were allowed, and because their mother deserved her room, Anakin and Miona shared a bed. Anakin would rest his head on her chest, and her arms would wrap tightly around him.

Both siblings needed each other, and as long as they had each other, nothing else mattered.

Or that was what was perceived. Miona wanted to be something other than what she was; a hope for people to lean on.

Even with harsh living conditions, Miona was the kindest person on that planet. Her compassion had no bounds, as she always saw the good in people.

Or that's what people thought.

Miona had seen the evil of this planet and even partaken in it. Some things she'd done had not tarnished her heart, and some wicked things hurt her more than she was willing to admit.

She would be out late at night and the involvement of the shadows of the night had become a ritual to keep her family, and others safe.

She knew from age 5 that she had no father, and she knew that Anakin had no father as well.

There were secrets she learned from passing travelers and even actual members. Jedi became her fixation, and she went around always asking about them.

When an actual Jedi came onto the sands of Tatooine, taught her the basics, and promised her that he would try to come back and train her; she was over the moon.

He never came back though, and she later heard that he had died in honor. And she would forever honor his memory.

The first thing he taught, was to meditate. A young child at her age shouldn't have been able to do it, but Miona got it right from the start.

He was impressed with the girl and began to start showing her how to live within the Force. It flowed through as if it was the oxygen she was consistently breathing in, and Miona felt a piece of her unlock with the inner search for tranquility.

She still remembers the day he'd left her, a calm smile on his face. He spoke words of promise to come back and take her with him and that she would be a great Jedi. As if to seal his promise, he gave her a simple ring, made of the purest of silver.

It became her most prized possession. And, even though she never spoke of these things with her family, they knew something had changed about her. Her aura seemed to glow differently, and she held herself differently.

But, even previously, Miona had to sometimes hold herself differently in front of others. When you live in a rough settlement at a young age, especially if you're a woman, you learn to fight.

Fights against Miona weren't often, but the people learned not to mess with her quickly. That was only when it got out of hand. Most scuffles ended in Miona reasoning out a way for no one to fight. However, the drunk man who didn't take no for an answer was displayed with bruises on his body soon after he had tried to persuade Miona, and everyone knew who did it.

Miona did indeed become a symbol of hope and became the weak people's protector, but she still held such a passion to do more.

When you're a young girl, people assume you know nothing.

And for Miona, that was far from the truth.