Greeting Travelers

Miona stared at the ceiling, going over her daily routine, all the while Anakin snored on her chest. After taking a glance at the clock on her wall, Miona gently shifted her brother onto the pillow and got up to make breakfast.

The routine was all the same, except something felt different.

Miona, even without a guide, continuously meditated to stay connected with the Force. She didn't know what she was supposed to feel and didn't know what to look for, but she tried.

But today, there was something that disturbed her. And maybe it wasn't a thing, but a person.

Anakin, right on schedule, flew in with energy and rambled about a dream he had. Miona loved the adventurous part of him, and constantly encouraged him to be creative. 

Most importantly, Miona would smile and ask questions, making sure that he felt seen and heard.

It was easy to feel neglected on Tatooine, but the little bubble the siblings shared in the morning felt like their haven. Anakin would stuff his face with food, Miona sipping delicately at her tea, reprimanding him on every other, bigger bite.

A little after the middle of the day, both Miona and Ani were working at Watto's dealer. Even though Watto wasn't the nicest being around, Miona gave him credit for not being the worst. The siblings were often in the back cleaning. 

Anakin mostly watched the shop as Watto used Miona to either negotiate business or woo the many men to get what Watto wanted. It wasn't the best experience she's ever had.

But, there was also time for fun. Miona reached out to tickle Anakin's sides, making him laugh. She would do anything for her brother, as long he kept smiling, and laughed with as much joy as he did then.

Watto soon called for Anakin, and Miona patted his back. "Time for work Ani," she sighed, ruffling his hair. Ani got up and ran, while she followed him slowly, her long strides a natural thing she did within the dealer's parlor.

"What took you so long," Watto said in Huttese, making Miona scoff. "We were cleaning the fan switches," Miona replied, making the creature sneer at her.

"Watch the store," Watto said to Anakin, "We've got some selling to do." The last remark was to Miona, to which she rolled her eyes.

"So... let me take thee outback, huh?" Miona had already turned around and walked back through the entryway. She knew 'thee' was a tall man and seemed wise from a glance.

But, she also sensed how open he was with the Force. But the disturbance wasn't him.

"A T-14 hyperdrive generator. Thee in luck," Watto said, Miona had walked up on one of the droids, and bopped its nose, making it shrink and stop moving.

"We're the only one around who has one," Miona said, looking toward the man. Her gaze blazed at the sight of him, his aura reminding her of her past friend. His face was guarded, but his eyes spoke of his interest in her.

She grew wary the longer he stood near, but she didn't have the choice to walk away. So lost in her thoughts, Miona barely heard Watto ask him how he would pay for this.

"I have 20,000 Republic dataries," he replied, and Miona tilted her head with realization. "Republic credits? Republic credits are no good out here, I need something more real," Watto replied, the Hutt growing frustrated, and looked at Miona to fix the issue.

She could only shrug, feigning innocence at the awkward situation. She had no clue what the man was trying to do but knew there was no use negotiating.

"I don't have anything else, but credits will do fine," and Miona felt a small wave of Force. He moved his hand; a little mind trick, and she sighed. For a man who looked as if he knew exactly what he was doing, he was slowly slipping from certainty.