forest adventures uwu

一genshin au.
-wholesome.

☆🍖

wednesday, april 6th.
12:07 PM.
78°F warm

-razor is a furry (confirmed) (not really)

bennett.
—a normal day in mondstadt. the sun is shining down on the city's concrete, while bards sing their stories and adventurers find pots of gold. though, that wasn't the case for lucky old bennett. meet bennett, an adventurer in the adventurers guild. he was quite the energetic kind, making friends wherever he went. though, that would be interrupted by his back luck most of the time. just last week, three thunderstorms illuminated mondstadt. but it doesn't stop there, even if he was an adventurous type, he hasn't been on one in weeks! it was getting pretty boring. that is, until katheryne, the secretary of the adventurers guild, wanted to see him briefly. when he heard that news, he sprung from his bed as bright as day.

" katheryne! did you want to see me? "
bennett said, fixing his goggles.

" yes, "
katheryne replied in her regular monotone voice. " it's a simple commission, really. from the traveler. "

" the almighty traveler commissioned for me? maybe this is a lucky day! "

" though, they just wanted for you to investigate a new area near springvale since they didn't have time, traveling on to inazuma. it would be best if you didn't run into any monsters along the way. "
katheryne smiled.

bennett let out a sigh of disappointment.
" oh well, a commission is a commission! thanks, kath! i-i mean katheryne-! "

" farewell, bennett. "

katheryne laid her eyes upon the teenage boy exiting mondstadts gates, bumping into another adventurer along the way. this was a normal commission for bennett. the adventurers guild and even other adventurers told him he wasnt cut out for combat and to leave it to the traveler. but every time the traveler would come back with their small companion, they seemed worn out and not expressing many emotions. he wonders what that was all about.

bennett dashed to springvale, but it looked the same as ever from what the other adventurers said. perhaps it was down the road? into that forest? sure, why the hell not? it looked like an ordinary forest in mondstadt as he ventured in, only that it was very rocky, and had caves. it looked so foreign to bennett even if he did venture out much. he soon stumbled upon a broken cart, with arrows in the split wood. a sense of alarm shocked him, but not enough to make him draw his weapon. speaking of which, his weapon was really... strange. but it was cool. the traveler gave it to him as a gift. it looked very valuable, not to mention it had the electro symbol carved into it. it was called the " midsplitter reformed? " no, that wasn't it.

bennett continued along the path, hoping to find the owner of the broken cart, even if it might have been there for years. the path grew wider, and the sun was about to set. that's when bennett felt a sharp pain in his ankle. upon the hills of the closeted forest, there was a hilichurl wielding a war bow.