Chapter One

Authors note :) -This might be the first and only time you'll read an authors note :) I've written this story before but I feel like it wasn't good. I'm re-writing this entire thing just to work on my writing skills and to entertain you all!!
I think originally the Shepard family were white Americans but i'm going to change their race to Afro-Latino Americans :) (keep it in mind it's rlly important)
also going to throw in some content warnings.
PLEASE READ- Warning: This story does contain topics that might be too difficult to read for some readers. Sensitive topics which are: kidnapping, torture, violence, mentions of s@, abuse, strong language, and minor racism.
This story takes place in the 60's and i'll try my best to make it accurate.
The time skips on this will be very weird. There will be different perspectives going back and forth. There will also b chapters where it's hours/days into Curly's kidnap and/or days/weeks after his disappearance (SORRY IF ITS CONFUSING). Enjoy reading!
...
As the clouds covered the pale moonlight of the night. A windy cold breeze would fill up the air, pinching Curly's skin. With his head hanging low, his mind wondered all over the place: Where would he go? There were a few options in his head, none seem to satisfy him but he needed to make a decision.

Trudging down the empty street, his hands shoved deep in his pockets. He wasn't surprised that his parents kicked him out of the house, it wasn't the first time and it definitely wasn't the last time either. He felt angry and hurt, but mostly he felt lost. He had nowhere to go and no one to turn to.

As he walked, his thoughts turned to his friends and family. He wondered if any of them would take him in, but he quickly dismissed the idea. He had always been the black sheep of the family, and his friends weren't much better. They were all troublemakers, just like him.

Curly sighed and pulled out a cigarette, lighting it with a lighter he found in his pocket. He knew he should quit smoking, but right now he didn't care. He took a long drag and exhaled, watching the smoke curl up into the cold night air.

As he walked, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. He knew it was probably just his imagination, but he couldn't help feeling paranoid. He wondered if his brother's gang was following him, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Curly shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He didn't want to think about his brother's gang. There were times where he didn't want to be a part of it anymore and other times where he adores every single thing he did with the gang and no matter what he could do, he knew he couldn't escape it. They were his family, for better or for worse. And he would always be a part of their world, whether he liked it or not.

The sound of bushes rustling made Curly snap back into reality and almost immediately spun around to see what was the cause of it. When he noticed that nothing was in sight, his heart skipped a beat. His feelings of paranoia struck higher and his gut told him something was off.

Standing still as a statue, Curly carefully observed his surroundings. Even though the rustling had stopped minutes ago, Curly still felt himself paralyzed from the sound.

The cigarette dangled from his mouth and almost instantly and delicately, dropped on the ground. Curly didn't know why he was nervous but he just was. He could feel his heart beating faster each second. His eyes shifted from side to side and his hands formed into fists, ready to fight anything that would come his way.

After what felt like an entirety from standing, nothing would happen. Curly felt a bit like a coward and embarrassed himself. He was glad no one was around to see how he reacted.

His heel spun around to the direction he was originally facing and he continued to walk.

As his teeth shuttered because of the cold, his arms crossed and he hoped he would find a place to go but he couldn't make up his mind, leaving him furious.