Chapter 1

A top spy from W.I.S.E., Starlight has held countless missions under her belt and was successfully able to cover any task given. That was until she was made to adopt a child and marry. This proved highly difficult with a spy of her status.

The identity she made for herself was Anya Forger, using her real name, and an obvious surname, she was a psychiatrist. (sound familiar? 𓁹‿𓁹)

Adopting a child went oddly smooth. Loid, a telepath child, test subject 007 in a facility, now was being adopted at an orphanage.

"Hey Loid, right? Make sure to call me your mom from now an okay?" Anya explained with a smile after arriving at her apartment she rented. 'The first part of this mission should be easy enough. Maybe I could finish it without a husband?'

Loid looked at her confused, but nodded in agreement, 'mission? Is mama a spy??' The kid's eyes lit up at the thought.

"I'm going on a shopping trip! Wanna come with?" Again she smiled, it was both genuine and fake.

"Oooh like an adventure?"

"Exactly like an adventure!"

"Adventureeee!" He quickly ran out the door.

"Hey wait though!" She chased him a bit before picking him up on her shoulder, she stopped to catch her breath, "Okay, no more running away like that." She sighed.

'Maybe this kid was a bad idea..' Loid quickly nodded before panicking at her thoughts, small tears rolling down his cheeks also before he sniffled a bit. He was crying.

"Hey wait why are you crying? I'm sorry Loi!" She quickly wiped his tears with a handkerchief and gave him a little bear she thought to bring, good thing she did.

He smiled and hugged it. Anya kind of hated to admit it, but it was adorable. Then, she finally heads out the building.

The cart's wheels rolled on the ground with Loid walking beside it, with Anya pushing of course. She bought things they needed and even a toy for Loid. Despite only doing this for a mission, she found it nice being a "mom" honestly.

"Okay, let's see what else we need.." The spy made a small mistake and let her eyes off Loid for a second.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by a crying Loid next to her, he was about kidnapped when she was distracted somehow.

"I'm so sorry Loid! I shouldn't of took my eyes off you bud." She leaned down to pat his head, he stopped crying and smiled as Anya put him over her shoulders while she carried the bags too, "Let's go back to the apartment."

They almost arrived before Anya accidentally bumped into someone, she quickly caught Loid as she fell so he wouldn't get hurt. 'Ugh, since when do I make so many mistakes just walking..' She sighed before looking up and not being prepared.

"Ma'am, state your name and plans now. No one will be hurting Mr Desmond." A body guard states as he glares at her.

"Stand down. She wasn't paying attention, like an idiot." The scion scoffed, "Help her up, come on." He ordered.

"Yes sir, sorry sir." The guard reluctantly helped her up before stepping back.

'What a chance, I was needing someone to be my "wife" for a meeting with Mr Briar' Damian Desmond, he was an assassin and a very skilled one, his coverup was as a senator, 'the kid could be a problem though..'

'Huh?!" Loid was shocked, 'oh wait! This guy is a big im-pour-tint guy! Maybe I could help mama! For world peace!'

"Uh, why does your kid look determined?" Damian says, confused.