601-610

Chapter 601: Ah Jing, Do You Feel Nervous?

The phone call was from Zi Yi.

After noticing that Dou Xiangling had not returned her call, Zi Yi called again around half an hour later.

The call finally connected.

Zi Yi hastily asked, "Cousin, what were you doing earlier? You didn't answer when I called you."

A gentle, smiling voice sounded from the other end. "My classes just ended and my phone was in the office."

However, Zi Yi detected a slight trace of unusualness within her tone. "Why are you panting? Is your body feeling uncomfortable?"

"No, it isn't. Teacher Wang and I had carried quite the load of art supplies earlier and I am just feeling a little tired."

Zi Yi believed her words and asked with concern, "I heard from Ian that your complexion didn't seem well these days. Make a trip to my place later, I'll give you a full-body check-up."

"There's no need," Dou Xiangling said, "I'm perfectly fine. It's just that the thought of you getting married soon made me unable to sleep and that's why my complexion seemed a little off."

Zi Yi was amused by her words. "Are you feeling reluctant because you realized that I'm getting married earlier than you and that you have become a leftover, old lady?"

Dou Xiangling smiled and scolded Zi Yi. "You naughty girl. I'm only 23 and it's still far from being a leftover, old lady. I'm just thinking that you're getting married at such a young age and wondering if you will suffer because of that?"

"No way," Zi Yi said, "In any case, I will end up marrying Ah Jing. Getting married early or later on is the same, so why not get married early?"

Dou Xiangling lightly chuckled. "You're good at reasoning."

She then continued to speak. "I'm going to organize the painting tools now and you should also be rather busy too. You should go ahead and do your work."

Zi Yi said, "Alright. Then will you be coming over tomorrow?"

Dou Xiangling reminded her. "You're the one that is coming to my house tomorrow."

This was a wedding custom. The female party had to stay with her maiden's family the day before the wedding.

Zi Yi giggled and said, "Then I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay."

After hanging up the phone, Dou Xiangling felt anxious deep down.

She understood her cousin well. If Zi Yi were to discover that something had happened to her, she would definitely focus on her instead. 1

Her sixth sense told her that the illness she had was incurable.

If it was an incurable illness, it would definitely affect her cousin's mood during the wedding.

At the thought of this, Dou Xiangling planned to secretly get her hands on some pills for the heart.

...

Back over on Zi Yi's side.

During this period of time, Zi Yi's Uncles and Aunts would often come over and join Mrs. Lu in organizing the wedding venue preparations.

Today was no exception.

Everyone had dinner together in the villa and after dinner, the First Madam asked Zi Yi, "Yiyi, why don't you return with us tonight?"