Chapter 3

Harry couldn't really explain why he decided to help his enemy. He guessed it was the weird feeling in his stomach and the raw emotions on Draco's face that made him help the boy.

"Ready to go?" he asked Draco.

"Y-Yes", Draco muttered. It was clear he wasn't feeling well at all.

Once they apparated and entered St. Mungo's, a nurse immediately recognized Harry and rushed towards them.

"Harry Potter, what an honour to meet you! What can I help you with?" the polite lady asked them, or rather, asked Harry. She completely ignored Draco.

Harry didn't like the attention he got. After the war, it was even worse than before. Now, he can barely come outside without being recognized and bombarded with questions and greetings.

He looked over to Draco for a second before turning to the lady again. "Uhm- We actually came here to see a mind healer. Do you think that's possible?"

"Uhm... Of course... I'll take you to a room and see if someone's available at the moment", the nurse said before bringing them to a room not that far from the entrance, room 4010.

The room was rather small. There was one single bed and a red couch. The walls were completely white, it almost hurt their eyes.

Harry and Draco both took place on the couch, which was rather akward because the couch wasn't that large. They were sitting so close to each other their legs almost touched.

"Just wait a moment here, I'll try to reach a mind healer. I'll send them here if someone is available at this moment", the woman said before leaving the room.

There was a certain tension in the room, as neither of them was comfortable enough to start a conversation.

Harry didn't really know what to say to Malfoy. As much as he'd deny it, he actually hated seeing his enemy this lost and confused. He knew deep inside Draco wasn't as evil as he acted. He did save Harry's life multiple times. Still, neither of them took the initiative to hold a truce after the war. It wasn't expected of them, so why should they?

Draco also didn't dare to start a conversation. He was still under the impression that this was all just a dream, but with every minute ticking away, he began to realise the chance of waking up in his Harry's arms diminished. It felt like talking to this Harry would make everything more real.

Even if it was hard and almost unbearable, he needed to stay strong, because he knew his Harry was somewhere waiting for him. Surely, Harry wouldn't give up looking for him, right? Draco wouldn't give up looking for his Harry as well.

Harry was still very confused why Malfoy was so quiet, he literally hadn't said a word since they were there.

"Hey, Malfoy, are you okay?" he carefully asked.

Draco finally looked up to meet Harry's eyes. "I guess so. I'm just so confused..."

"Me too." Harry hesitantly put a hand on Draco's shoulder. "It'll be fine, you know. We'll talk to a mind healer and they'll be able to fix whatever's going on.

Draco looked to the floor again. Deep inside, he knew it wouldn't be fine. It'll never be fine until his Harry was back.

Another few minutes passed, but nobody entered their room. Harry suddenly got up and started pacing because he was very nervous. He knew something was wrong, seriously wrong. What if the mind healer didn't believe them? What if word got out to the world about him being "married" to a Death Eater? Surely that couldn't work out well... What would his friends say about this...

They spend at least another hour into the room in complete silence before someone finally opened the door.

"Hello, did you guys ask for a mind healer?" There was a man with brown hair around forty years old standing in front of the room.