Chapter 3 : Compromise

Tic tac tic tac. .

Millions of noises from your wall clock played around in your head repeatedly. You were on your couch sitting, eyes are wide open. Still lost on thoughts how to make up for it. You could almost hear a mechanical whirring inside your head. If you were a mechanical device, I would say you have a broken engine that mostly loads on a very slow pace.

Occasionally, you are bad on making decisions. So this time, you wanted to make sure that Selever would be glad on this one. Think of it as an payback for his good deeds to you.

Y / N really adores Selever and she treats him as her own brother, she might even give her everything to her friend.

Finally, an idea has popped up into your head. You jumped up from your couch and then punched your left fist on the air out of excitement, your eyes beaming of happiness. " At last, I hope this will work! "

Many hours passed, you hurriedly changed your outfit so you couldn't be late and grabbed a basket full of some items and homemade foods. It's already night, Selever and you will meet at the place that both of you had agreed on, but you wanted to arrive first to arrange some items that is needed to be done.

You ran outside, the moon shining beautifully on the sky. Cold breezes of winds passed by, it was so peaceful. You loved the night time. Also hearing some footsteps on the solid ground, people chatting nearby and cars passing by.

There it is, you are standing in front of a hill with medium trees circling around it. The moon still gleaming, the trees looked like they are glossy. You inhaled some cold breezes of air then continued to walk onto the hill.

You hear the little sounds of your shoes stepping on the small and well cutted grasses. It was pleasing to hear, you hummed to yourself as you continued on walking to the center of the hill.

When you arrived on the center of the hill, you had felt a gaze fixed upon you, but you brushed it off easily, thinking that it is not a big deal. You started to settle your basket down then pulled the picnic blanket out and applied it on the ground, following the homemade foods on the blanket. The feeling of someone that is watching you still hasn't come off.

You sat down on the picnic blanket, tilted your head up to the sky and admired how the moon and stars are extremely perfect while waiting for Selever.

Someone behind seems to be approaching you, as you can hear their steppings getting closer. They chuckles and you can sense that they're close to you. You turned your head and slightly moved your body so you can see the person behind clearly. It was Selever, of course.

" How fucking cute, you really did these shits for me? Oh my g- " He laughs as he also sat down besides you. You nodded and you chuckled nervously.

" Thank you, Y / N. "

Selever truly appreciated what Y / N did and he's glad. He did not mind a bit even if it was simple nor grand one. As long as she did it, she tried to make up for what she did even if she did nothing bad at all. He appreciated it.

You looked at him and grinned, feeling really glad. Seconds later, you realized that the funny feeling of being watched has disappeared, was it him who was observing your actions?

" Hey Selever? " You called him out gently to grab his attention, gladly it did work. He turned his head to you once again. " What is it? "

You asked him about your feeling that someone has been watching you ever since you got on the center of the hill, he scoffed playfully and responded. " Heck yeah, that was me. Totally not observing your shitty actions. "

Oh yeah, he's not a human fully. No one will ever know what would a half demon do or it's abilities. You thought to yourself.

" Now whatever, enough of those stupid little questions. Let's dig in, I'm actually hungry now. " Selever spoke as he started to pick a food prepared on the picnic blanket. You nodded and started to grab a piece.

Selever took a bite on the food, chewing it carefully. Later on, he arched his left eyebrow while munching, the food probably has some kind of strange taste. You noticed him doing some kind of expression. " Is something wrong? " You asked.

He waved his hands around on denial. " Nothing at all! It's really good. " He replied as he started to sweat and smiled a bit.

You noticed his reaction, you immediately slapped your face slightly with your palm and sighed as you looked down below. " My apologies about my skill on cooking, I should've bought some goods instead. " You were disappointed to yourself.

" No need to apologize dumbass, you need to be more confident to your damn self. You will improve soon, now don't go on crying like an asshole now. " Selever shrugged his shoulders, followed by patting onto your head. His head tilting sideways.

You were touched by his response, then grinned widely. Flooding him with a lot of thank you's. Both of you had decided to continue eating on a restaurant nearby after the picnic moment.

Minutes passed, sounds of fireworks lighting up has been heard by Selever and you. Each of you giggled and fixed yourselves on the picnic blanket down, excited for the fireworks.

Countless amount of fireworks had exploded to the sky with colorful sparkles, Selever and you looked at the sky with awestruck expression and sparkling eyes. The fireworks was really pleasing and beautiful as always.

Good thing both of you are on the hill spot first, the fireworks can be clearly seen there. It was a good spot indeed.

You interlocked your fingers with Selever while gazing on the sky full of fireworks. Selever grinned and a slight blush has appeared on his cheeks as he chuckled under his breath.

Selever shook his head, the grasping at each other's hand was just his imagination.