【36】I Am Here With You

【36.7 I AM HERE WITH YOU

As far as I remember happiness never came to our door step. Life just have been cruel with me since the beginning, it always takes from me and in return, it gives me sorrow, despair, pain and tears.

Zendyl, My younger sister.

No matter how hard our life had been, she always shook all the pain away with a bright smile as the brightest sun in the spring.

She never demanded for anything. Even when the nights were cold, her warmest smile kept me warm. Even when our stomachs were used to growl with hunger that smile didn't fade.

Life might be hard on us but we still had each other until........

"Have you heard? Soon the war is going to start in southern nation."

"Those heartless kingdom people have ruined the peace of our lives."

"We have to leave this place, soon this place will become thier playground."

"But where we will go?"

"Far from thier disgusting shadows."

Just like that, one after another, everyone left. They just packed thier necessary things and left. No one ever bothered to look back at two orphan kids.

We......We had nothing to take with us. If we went away like them, we would die from hunger. I couldn't afford that. I couldn't just let my younger sister die. So I decided to stay.

Wailing, screaming, clamouring.....
The song of war. Whoever listened this song, would never dare to listen it again.

Their sorcery attacks burnt the houses, annihilated the land, soiled the dust with their bad blood.

Me and Zendyl hided ourselves in a ragged wooden house. It was dark. Zendyl clenched my hand.

"It's scary, brother."

I embraced her warmly and ensured her.....

"Don't be scared, big brother is here with you."

And suddenly a man barged into the house. He was bathed with blood. He was a warrior.

I put my hand on Zendyl's mouth before she could yelp. I gradually removed my hands and said underneath my breath.....

"You stay here and be quiet. Don't worry, big brother will chase him away for you."

I rose up to my feet. Sweat was streaking down from my forehead. Everything was robed under dark. Except that warrior, his body held a sheen from the moonlight. The moonlight was entering through the window and was falling over him.

My steps kicked up the creaking sound of the wooden floor. All of a sudden, he became careful of his surroundings. Before he could do something, a white radiant light flashed through all the windows. The whole room got illuminated.

We became visible in his sight. I looked at Zendyl, she was sitting pressing her back against the wall.

"What are you kids doing here?" Warrior thundered his voice at us.

And after second later, that light blasted in breaking through the windows. I ran toward Zendyl.

"IAAVVVNN!!!"

"ZEENDDYL!!!"

Soon, the white flashing light screened my eyes. I felt a thunderstorm swirling inside the house. And, when I opened my eyes, heap of debris was streching before my eyes. The whole house got wrecked.

I looked at the sky and found that the day was already broke. And then I remembered......

"Zendyl!"

I frantically started to look around, began to lift the lumps of  woods. My gaze fell on a hand hanging lifelessly. I removed the woods. What I saw I couldn't believe.

Lower half of Zendyl's body was stifled under a gigantic wooden lump. She was trying her best to not let her eyes droop down.

"Bother, I am so glad to see you safe."

"No.....No.....brother make everything alright." I held her head and gently put it on my lap.

"Help.....WE NEED HELP.....SOMEONE....PLEASE ANYONE...." I yelled at top of my lungs. After that,my voice began to quiver. Tears started to roll down on my cheeks.

I stood up and clawed my fingers under that huge lump. I put my all strength into my hands and tried to lift it but I failed. I tried to lift it over and over again, the skin of my hands and fingers  were peeled but that thing didn't move an inch.

"Bro....Brother."

I crawled on my knees toward her. I caressed her face. I grinded my teeth getting frustrated over being so useless. Tears were leaking down from my eyes.

She lifted her arm and tired to wipe my tears with her tiny hands. She was in so much pain but still......that smile, it didn't fade.

"Don't cry, I am here with you." She said this wearing the most brightest smile.

After saying this, her hand plopped down lifelessly. Her smiley face got freeze. My whole body got numb but my tears were still shredding.

"Zen...Zend....Zendyl.....ZENDYL!"

I shrieked and cried bawling my eyes out. I kept saying her name in a hope that she would give any response.

I felt a energy surging up in my body. My whole body got engulfed in a flaming golden light. That day, I realised, I also have the ability to use the urjah. If I had known this sooner then Zendyl wouldn't die.

She died for nothing, I should had been died at her place.

That grief and sorrow turned into hate. A hate toward that kingdom people. And then I decided.....

"I'll massacre every single one of them."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A flashback of Ivaan's life.

Thanks for reading this far. Do vote and comment.