Prologue

Hailey's pov:

"What am I going to do with you?" I pace around the cold basement thinking of all the ways to make them suffer for what they did to my father. "Let us go" one of them speak up with his shaking voice. I look over at him and burst out laughing. "Let you go?" I repeat holding back a laugh.

Composing myself I walk over and untie him from his chair, he sighs in relief thinking I'm letting him go but within a blink of an eye, I had him pinned up against the wall by his collar.

"Believe me when I say you won't be making it out alive, you killed my father" my voice was nothing but venom as I pulled him forward before harshly pushing him back, his head collides with the wall knocking him out cold. I let go of his shirt and watch as his limb body falls to the ground, I turn on my heel and head for the stairs.

My eyes land on my brother, my hand's fist at my side. Lying asshole. Ignoring him I turn to one of my guys. "Tie him back up and make sure he's got duck tape this time" I order before heading upstairs with my brother not far behind.

"I must say little sis I'm impressed" his voice echoes up the stairs, ignoring him I continue up the stairs. "Look Hailey I know you're mad, but I really had no idea" he continues. When he realizes I'm going to reply he sighs and takes a step forward.

Taking a deep breath, I push my anger aside for a minute."I may be small but I'm very much capable of many things... especially when it comes to family" my words getting quieter as my sentence went on.

He walks up beside me, placing a reassuring hand on my arm. I give him a soft smile and straighten myself up.

A few hours pass and I head back down to the basement, my brother following behind. Once stepping off the last step the cold air hit's and sends chills down my spine, I look up and see the man tied down just like I asked.

Grabbing a chair, I place it in front of him and sit down. Ripping the duck tape off, I open my mouth to speak but he beats me to it, "I don't know why you're so upset it's not like he was your biological father" he whispers coldly. I felt my heart ache and anger build and before I know it my fist collides with his face repetitively.

Blood pours from his nose, covering my fists. My thoughts take control as flashbacks of his death being the only thing I see.

"You stay awake do you hear me?! Don't you dare close your eyes" tears burn my eyes as they threaten to fall, his blood covering my hands.

My punches become more powerful, and blood covers my hands, only this time it felt different. I was so focused on what was going through my mind, I didn't realize that hands had wrapped around my torso and pulled me away. "We don't want him dead yet; you don't have the information you need" my brother's voice rings through my ears.

Pushing his hands off me I storm upstairs, my chest heavy, tears welling in the back of my eyes. Slamming my hands down on the table in the hallway I close my eyes, my grip on the table was so tight there's no doubt my knuckles were white not that you could tell with all the blood. With the flashbacks begin the only thing my mind allowing me to focus on, I sink deeper into them.

"I need you please" the tears fall, the pool of blood grows bigger underneath his lifeless body.

I could feel my arms shaking and my chest tightening but my mind wouldn't allow me any escape.

"C-come back! Don't you dare leave me" a sob escapes my lips, as I pull his lifeless body onto my lap, hiding my face in the crook of his neck trying to hide my tears. 

"Hailey" I hear my brother's voice, but it sounds so distant, "Hailey" he speaks again, this time shaking me a little. Snapping back to reality I look around taking in my surroundings realizing I had been moved to the living room.

"Lost you for a second, where'd you go?" He's clearly concerned, I shake my head as I slump down on the couch. He kneels down in front of me, "oh" he catches on. It's been 6 months since my dad was killed and every day I relive it in my darkest thoughts.

The gunshot waking me from my sleep.

His body lying in a pool of blood.

It's on a constant loop that I can't seem to pause and take a break from. My heart breaking all over again. Guilt builds along with it, the guilt of knowing he was always there for me and I couldn't be there that one time he needed me most. The one time I could have done something I was too busy sleeping.

It's a brutal punishment that doesn't stop.

~~~~~
Word count: 879