Chapter One

Hailey's pov:

His fist connects with my jaw, sending my head flying to the side on impact. A metallic taste fills my mouth causing me to smile.

Oh he's fucked now

Slowly I turn my head back to him with a toothy grin, showing my now blood covered teeth. His eyes widen as fear flashes across his face, but he quickly covers it by charging towards me. Dodging his attack I uppercut his ribs, causing him to stumble on his feet.

He struggles for a breath, as I jump up and wrap my legs around his neck. His hand claws at my thigh as his face turns purple. His body starts to go limp and I release my grip, removing myself. He falls to the ground, hands around his neck as he catches his breath.

Spitting the remaining blood from my mouth next to his head, I exit the ring. Stupid recruits, hear of my reputation but once they see that's I'm 5'6  they completely disregard that I can kill them without a second thought.

The remaining part, not wanting to get in my way. Good they have learned. More blood fills my mouth, and I spit it to the side. "Geez Hailey, almost added another one to the list" Stefan says as I approach.

I shrug, "I care because?" I ask reaching for my water bottle. More blood pools in my mouth so once again I spit it to the side before taking a sip of water.

"Oh come on! Can you watch where you spit? You got blood on my shoe" Stefan whines causing me to roll my eyes. "Get over it, you've had blood on you before" I say placing the bottle down.

"But I just got these" he says crossing his arms. I stare at him.

He can't be serious

My phone buzzes and I grab it from the bench. "Fuck me" I mumble reading the text. "What?" Stefan asks, finally grabbing a towel to wipe his shoe. "Dante, Clare and Zane are coming over for dinner" I reply placing my phone in my pocket.

Stefan laughs and I roll my eyes. "Guess I should go get cleaned up" I mumble before heading for the door. 

———

Heading downstairs I look over the railing and into the foyer. The three stand at the door talking with dad. Making my way over I greet Claire and Dante with a smile.

"How are you beautiful?" Claire asks pulling me in for hug. "I'm good, yourself?" I ask pulling away. "Good" she says with a smile. I turn my attention toward Dante, who like his wife pulls me in for a hug.

We pull apart seconds later, my attention moving to Zane and my smile drops. "What? No hug for me?" He asks, a fake pained expression on his face. "Get fucked" I snap, crossing my arms.

"If you're offering" he retorts, a smirk growing on his lips. "Come anywhere near me and I'll cut your tiny dick off" I retort back, taking the slightest of steps towards him.

"Okay why don't we head to the dining room" My dad speaks up, stopping this before it gets too far. "Hailey-" he says, gesturing to the dining room, "lead the way" he finishes.

Turning on my heel I head towards the dining room, their footsteps not far behind. Entering the living room I take a detour to the bar. If I'm going to survive this I'm going to need one or two...bottles.

Once done preparing my drink I hear over to the table, taking a seat to the left of my dad. "How'd the recruits do today?" Dante asks turning his attention towards me.

"Same as always, one almost dying and the rest left terrified" I reply, taking a sip of my drink. "What did they do this time?" Dad asks, clearly not happy with my ways.

"They wanted to know how I had my reputation. They didn't think someone of my hight and gender can have a reputation" I reply calmly, leaning back in my seat.

Dad shakes his head and Dante laughs. I can't help but let a chuckle of my own slip as I reach for my drink.

The doors to the kitchen open and the maids bring out our dinner. Placing the cup down I straighten in my seat, my eyes drifting to Zane to find his eyes already on me.

"Don't make me stab your fucking eyes out" I warn, the plate infront of me hitting the table a little too hard.

The maid thinks I'm talking to her

She hurries out the room and I bit down on my lip to hold back my laugh. Zane chuckles and turns his attention to the food infront of him.

The next couple of hours are spent talking and laughing. These are the only moments I allow myself to relax, as soon as they leave I'll be snapping back.

———

Word count: 822