40

"Morning

"Morning." Harry says when he opens his eyes and finds Louis already looking at him.

"Hi." Louis replies with a small smile.

"You feeling better?" Harry asks, moving forward a little to bury his face in the crook of Louis' neck.

"Yeah." Comes Louis' reply while tightening his grip around the younger man.

They spend the next few moments in comfortable silence- their ankles tangled together, Louis running the tips of his fingers up and down Harry's back while the latter leaves soft kisses on the doctor's collarbone.

"You know you can talk to me right?" Harry is the first to speak when he pulls his head back to look at the doctor.

Louis nods his head slowly and swallows hard. "I know." He says softly. "I just-" he adds, but cuts himself off, wincing. "Uhm, it's not something I like talking about. So, uhm- please don't take it personal if I don't."

Harry nods in understanding, smiling softly as he snuggles back into Louis's neck. He's not going to push it. Louis will talk to him when he feels comfortable doing so. Right now he's happy just being here for the doctor.

When he leans back again, Louis has closed his eyes, but with his hand still running up and down Harry's back, the nurse knows he's awake. "What time is it?"

"Was just after five when I checked a few minutes ago. Probably around quarter past now." Louis answers, keeping his eyes closed.

"You hungry?"

"I could eat." The doctor replies opening his eyes.

"Want some pancakes?" Harry asks, pushing himself away a little to see Louis' face.

"Mhm, I'd love some, yeah." Louis replies and moves his hand to rest on Harry's hip. "I've overhead Em telling Charles the other day that you make the best pancakes."

"I do."

"So sure of yourself, huh?" Louis tuts.

"My friends don't lie." Harry replies bashfully, a dimpled smile pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"I'll be the judge of that." Louis teases, returning a smile.

Harry finds himself staring at the doctor's lips for a few seconds before he starts leaning forward and just as he's about to capture them with his own, Louis turns his head, leaving the nurse to kiss his cheek instead.

It's a little awkward, but Harry doesn't think too much of it.  They've just woken up- maybe morning breath bothers the doctor, he thinks to himself.

"Well, prepare to be amazed." Harry says, leaving another peck on the doctor's cheek before untangling their legs while pushing himself away in order to get up.

" Harry says, leaving another peck on the doctor's cheek before untangling their legs while pushing himself away in order to get up