•Chapter One

Finally!" You sighed after running for 20 minutes straight. You entered the café and took a seat near the window. You checked your wrist watch as it showed 6:40 pm.
'They still aren't here.' you pouted as you took your laptop out.
"Ma'am what should I get for you?" The waiter asked.
"Uh.. A cappuccino with 3 cubes of sugar. Thank you" you said as he noted your order on the notepad and left. You were waiting for your project-mates. They were supposed to be here by 6:30 but looked like they were running late too.

You were studying in SNU (Seoul National University), and working as a florist and a barista. It was tough handling college and 2 jobs at the same time but, you managed it.
Strong Woman indeed. Life has taught you a lot of things and now you are 20 year old, Living on your own. You were working hard to manage everything, and everything was going great.

"Hey! We are extremely sorry for being late!" You looked up seeing your friends Albert and Ami, they both were panting heavily.

"Oh, it's ok. First just sit down and take a deep breath." You told them as they immediately nodded sitting across you. They were your project-partners and also, your good-friends.
In a minute or few the waiter came back with a cup of Hot Cappuccino. You thanked him as the latter placed their orders.
"So should we begin?" Ami asked as you nodded.
"Let's just start with Business Strategies." You said.

"Sure. As you guys say. You know that I don't know anything about it." He laughed as you both just chuckled at him.
You all started to note things down as their ordered drinks came.
You were a business management student and this was your last year. It was midterms so you had to give your best in order to score good marks.

Cup and cup of coffee was served and finally after three and a half hours, your project was done. You specially took a day off for it and insisted Albert and Ami to complete it today itself and as it was all done, your face showed a smile of satisfaction.
"Ok y/n, we will get going and you should too. I'll drop Ami on the way.. so should I drop you as well?" He said as you looked at the time,
"Umm no. I'll opt for a bus or cab. Thanks.. Plus I have to pack this mess up before leaving" you said looking down at the table which was now filled with papers and study materials.

"Ok then.. bye! Make sure you call me when you reach home!" Albert said as he stood up and then Ami hugged you as they both left.
You sighed as you packed your stuff and placed it inside your backpack. You paid for your drink on the cash counter as you walked out of the café. A peaceful night in seoul. As impossible as it sounds but still, Seoul had some sort of peace in its air at this hour.

You walked towards the bus stop but immediately halted your steps when you heard something. Sobs? You furrowed your brows and started looking around. Your eyes stopped at the small figure sitting on the grass of the garden, opposite to the bus stop. At first, you thought that it might be a spirit or something but then you realised that there's actually a small child crying in the corner. Don't mind, you have had this fear of ghosts since childhood.

You walked towards the figure and kneeled down to her level, gently patting her shoulder.
"Hey baby.." you said as she looked up at you.
"Hewwo.." she said between her cries.
"Are you lost? Hmm?" You asked as she shook her head.
"Nu, my babysitter unnie left me here." She sobbed as you rubbed her back.
"Where did she go then?" You asked as she sniffed.
"I don't know.. she told me to wait here and she went there-" the girl said pointing at the hotel, " but then when she came back, she left with someone" she sobbed as you immediately hugged her.

"Shh don't cry.. Ok, tell me your name baby" you said,
"Appa told me not to talk with strangers,"she sniffed.
"Ohh.. But You just talked to me. And if you'll tell me your name then I'll take you to your parents' baby.'' I explained as she sniffed more.
"It's just appa. No eomma" she said as I pinched me earlobe,
"I am sorry" I apologised as she smiled.
"It's ok unnie. You are a good unnie. My name is Kim Jihye" she said as she smiled through her tears.
"Hi Jihye! I am y/n. Min y/n!" You wiped her tears as she smiled.