𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 23

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Elijah's pov ~

The three of us sat around a table in Rousseau's. I wasn't sure if Rosalie realised it or not, but her attempt to keep her breathe at a steady pace was failing miserably. I wasn't exactly sure why she was so nervous...

My brother was sat by the bar, having a joyful time admiring the situation from afar.

And last of all Alex sat there with a subtle smirk on his face, for a reason I did not know. Rose took no notice of his demeanour as she was busy sending my brother a stern glare while drinking her usual wine.

Breaking the silence, I decided to start a conversation. "Your accent back there, Alex. Are you from here?" I referred back to when he purposely bumped into Rose, interrupting what felt like a date between us.

"Born and raised." He answered, sipping on his scotch. "What about you two?" His sight flickered between us both as he placed his drink down.

"We grew up in the same village, a place in Virginia." I answered for both me and Rose. He let out a hum in acknowledgement.

"I'll take a wild guess and say you're the infamous Ex-Husband." I was slightly taken back at the fact he already knew about me. How long had him and Rosalie been talking for?

Rose chose to speak up, clearing her throat. "Uhm, yeah." She awkwardly replied.

Klaus's body shifted from his laughter as if he was watching the funniest comedy sketch. My focus wasn't on my brother for long, I needed to know more about who this Alex guy is.

"how did you meet Rose?" I began to integrate him. He relaxed in his seat, he wasn't intimidated by my strong gaze. "Here actually, the other night. She was at the bar having a few drinks, and we ended up pretty drunk, hung out for a little bit after." He shared with a shrug.

The human's story wouldn't of brought up any suspicion is Rose wasn't so on edge. She was experienced in pulling poker faces, but it certainly didn't hide her nerves.

"Where did you guys go, she didn't come home until the next day."

"Elijah," Rose called out my name in a warning tone. I wanted to ask more questions, but she had control over me. My teeth ground together as I kept silent.

Alex chuckled, sitting up. "It's alright Rose, I'm open to any questions." my jealousy began to grow even more. no man ever called Rosalie, Rose other than me. "She stayed in a hotel for the night, I went back home."

It's when those words slipped past his lips the entire story pieced together. This had happened right after I told Rose I still loved her.

Alex huffed, pouring the last bit of his scotch down the back of his throat. He stood up, grabbing his and mine's empty glasses. "I'll go get us a refill, mate." He nodded, leaving I and Rose.

I couldn't hold my silence back anymore. "Both you and him just lied to my face, wish to tell me why?"

"What do you mean?" She played stupid as she tried her very hardest to keep calm. I held back a scoff. "You were on edge the entire time. His last answer was enough to confirm the lies."

"Why does it matter, Elijah. We aren't together, I don't have to tell you anything anymore. I don't understand how you can be jealous when it was you that ruined what we had." it hurt more than i'd admit to hear her say that.

But she was right. Why was I so jealous? I was never possessive over a woman, especially not rose. But then there had never been a threat before, it was entirely just me and Rose.

I couldn't bare to sit here any longer, to watch Alex flirt his way into Rosalies heart.

I stood from my seat, grabbing my suit jacket from the back of my chair. Rosalie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Where are you going?" She inquired.

"Home." I deadpanned, throwing my jacket over my shoulders.

"You can't just leave." I ignored her, I didn't want to fuel an argument. I placed my hand on her shoulder, facing away from her. "I don't trust him, Rosalie. Be careful." I warned her, letting my hand drop from her.

I didn't look back, grabbing my umbrella, letting the door close behind me. I didn't bother to put my umbrella up, letting the rain fall.

————

Oak was alight in the fireplace in front of me, peacefully crackling. I wasnt sure what I was waiting for, sitting alone in the parlour. I had been avoiding Hayley the entire day, after our conversation the night before, ending whatever it was we had.

I told her how it was. I loved Rosalie, and I couldn't string her on any longer. After she invaded mine, and mainly Rose's privacy, I didn't trust her. She tried her hardest to hide how upset she was.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Rosalie had said in the bar. I was the one who ruined what we had, I'm the reason our marriage didn't work out. No one else is to blame other than myself.

I wanted her back, I needed her. But I couldn't force that on her.

I wasn't entirely fond of Alex, and not just because he slept with Rosalie. If he was capable of lying so smoothly to me, what else could he be lying so smoothly about?

My thoughts were broken by my brother's entrance, the front door slamming behind him. He walked in seeing me sat in front of the fire.

"Hello, brother. Dwelling on the loss of your wife all over again?" Klaus teased, collapsing into the seat beside me.

"The first time was entirely out of my control." I referred to his acts in 1919. "But this time, it's entirely my fault." I shook my head in regret.

He inhaled deeply. "Rosalie is really taken by Alex, and no doubt Alex feels the same way." he stated the known, a sigh passing my lips.

"Rosalie is an outstanding woman, with magnificence trailing behind her." I looked up in confusion wondering where he was going with this conversation. "But one of her imperfections is she can't hide when she's truly in love with someone. The way she acts around alex is puppy love, you Elijah, are her soulmate."

He stood up, ready to leave. Not before saying one last thing. "If you want her to realise that, you have to earn your way back into her heart. But don't rush her, you'll know when the times right."

The fire soon faded into nothing as hours went by, darkness overcoming the room.

————

IM SO SORRY

I've total writer's block for this book for a little while, but I'm back, and ready to keep writing. I'm back at school soon, so please bare with slow updates.

Constructive feedback is always welcome, but please be polite.

(not proof read)