Author's Notes #1 : Introducing my characters, part 1 - Doctor Shea Kimura!

So you have already briefly met some of the characters of the Eden Project universe, so I wanted to dive into them a bit more!

Now, Im not going to be giving away things about the characters that would spoil the plot, but I wanted to give a good idea of them in the ways I could.

Firstly; Doctor Shea Kimura, the civilian director of the EPF aboard the EPF Roosevelt.

Shea is a half-Japanese, half-Irish man in his sixties with green eyes and shoulder length wavy dark hair. He has the darker skin tone from his Japanese mother, but he has freckles from his father.

If I were to suggest any actors that look like him, I would say he looks like a mix between;
- Daniel Henney
- Daniel Day Kim
- Mark Dacascos
- Hiroyuki Sanada

When he was younger, Shea would probably have looked like a mix of Daniel Henney, young Mark Dacascos, Joe Taslim, Lewis Tan, and Simu Liu!

These days though, he really does look like something the cat dragged in, but I promise, theres a good reason for looking like roadkill (and sometimes smelling like a distillery)!

Id say if you wanted a good rough idea of how I look at him, try to picture Daniel Henney as Lan from the Wheel of Time tv show on Amazon Prime, but with an age to his face akin to Hiroyuki Sanada.

(An interesting note, Hiroyuki Sanada and Lewis Tan both starred in the 2021 Mortal Kombat movie! I know it isn't the best rated movie, but I have a soft spot in my heart for great camp-type movies and shows! I usually care far more if a movie is super fun to watch, versus how brilliantly it is written!)

I promise I will keep making these, if for any other reason than to throw even more exposition at my awesome readers! Hahaha

OH!!!!! The video I added at the top is the track I listened to for six days straight while writing the original drafts of this story seven years ago! It took me three days of going through a random name generator to come up with Shea Kimura and Freyja Evensen, and then in the next 3, I wrote the entire first act of the book! (The book should end up being separated into 3 parts/acts, with an interlude between each, as well as a prologue and epilogue. I have plans so far for at least 2 more books in the series, as well as one spin-off telling the story of what happened to the Grasshopper after the prologue, so please keep reading!