Chapter One

You put your three travel bags into the trunk of the jeep. You hopped in the back and leaned your head on the window. A few minutes passed and you got tired of waiting so you walked back into the house and let out a silent groan at the sound of moans and skin slapping.  You went into your room and grabbed a few more things, extra pads, tampons, shampoo, conditioner, books, snacks, etc. You walked back out of your room and saw your older and middle brother, Dean, and his girlfriend Bailey "Hey y/n we didn't see you in the car" you gave her a look and let out a laugh "I wonder why." Dean's face turned red and Bailey let out a giggle. 

You are bigger than your brother and their girlfriends but you don't let your weight get you down. Sure you got bullied in elementary and even high school but your brothers were always ready to beat a kid up...seriously Eric dislocated the cheerleader's jaw once. You smiled to yourself about their protectiveness, grabbed your headphones and cassette player, and played your favorite love songs. You let your mind wander and make cute scenarios about your future spouse "What are you grinning about?" Chrissie teased. Your eyes flew open and your face turned more red "Nothing" you shrugged and turned your music back on. 

At least a day passed and you were now in Texas. You followed Chrissie and Bailey into an old rundown store, you're not talkative but you know how to fight if something happens. 

You looked around the store and stopped at a black and white photo of an older male that looked about a few years older than you. The older lady caught you staring and grinned "Like what you see?" you looked up at her then at the photo "Yes ma'am" you stopped then widened your eyes  "Not like that, I-I mean he looks attractive but-" the elder let out a loud laugh "I'm just teasing you, honey" you smiled then set the photo down "I better get back to my friends" you left her to find Chrissie and Bailey staring at other photos. 

You caught two people staring at you and got a really bad feeling from them "Bailey, we should go" you whispered "Why? What's wrong?" you shook your head and glanced at the male again "I just have a bad feeling" Chrissie let out a laugh "One of your feelings again?" you nudged her and rolled your eyes "Don't joke about my feelings Chrissie, they saved our lives at least three times. Remember the stabbing in California?" Bailey rubbed your arms in a soothing way "Yeah, Yeah, just let me use the bathroom first." 

You followed the two girls glancing over your shoulder again to see the women staring at you now. You could feel the tension rising between your friends as they walked towards the back "What's wrong?" you eased the tension by asking what was on your and Chrissie's minds. 

"Yeah, we've been through a lot together, whatever it is you can tell us." Bailey sighed and turned around "Me and Dean are going to Mexico, he's not going to Vietnam and he's not going with Eric," you thought for a moment before answering "Go then, I don't know why Dean ever agreed to go to Vietnam with him anyways." Chrissie agreed "Yeah, get away from this war and cling with what you got." you didn't listen to whatever Bailey was saying but you backed into a screen door, getting jump scared by that same guy in the store. 

You got back into the jeep, slightly annoyed. Eric looked back at you, concerned "You alright?" you nodded "Yeah, just tired." 

You looked over Dean's shoulder to see him pull out a lighter and burn his draft ticket. You looked behind you to see a motorcycle speed after the jeep "Eric, there's someone behind us" but he couldn't hear you because he was too busy yelling at Eric. 

"Pull over! Pull over!" the person yelled "Eric what are we gonna do?" you were shaking at this point but Eric slammed the gas all the way down to the floor. 

"Eric she's has a gun!" 

"No, that's definitely not a gun! Thanks for the obvious!" you yelled at him "Now is not the time for your sarcastic remarks y/n!" 

You watched your older brother pull out a gun and turn around. You looked back to the front and the next thing you saw was darkness.