Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"TABLE 11 NUMBER 3!" I shouted at the rectangle window towards the kitchen, it had gotten busier and louder in here. By now I was ready to leave this smelly building, I just wanted to breathe fresh air and relax for the little amount of time I'll get. I still needed to get the dirty blonde haired guy his drink though, and he's probably extra impatient due to the whole Ellie thing.
I headed to the bar grabbing what he wanted with two fancy glasses, I then went over to his table.

I spotted the other person he had mentioned earlier, he had chestnut brown hair, sea blue eyes, and a hint of boredom on his face in his expression, but showed less seriousness than the other man. I smiled at the both of them and set down the glasses on their table, I lifted the wine and poured it into each glass. "Is there anything else you two would like?" I asked.

The dirty blonde one looked up at me and grinned, "Would you like to have a seat with us?" he asked quite kindley. Although I couldn't come up with a possible reason why I should join them, especially since I was itching not to. He could probably see the shock on my face and I think that made his grin grow larger. Messing up my thoughts he spoke again, "I know it might be a shock I'd ask a person like you to sit with us," that made my blood boil I was going to speak but then he went on, "don't think too much of it, it's simply because you shooed away that pest from earlier." I stood there staring at him, then a painful "OW!" came from his annoying mouth.

I had slapped him. Right on his dumb crappy little face, the words he spoke were infuriating. He was about to speak but I stopped him. "Who do you think you are?" I think I said it as calmly as rudley. "You order an expensive wine and wear nice clothes and you think you're better than anyone here?" I hope I didn't sound as offended as I was.

The guy with chestnut brown hair stopped staring at the table and started looking at me. I could see the look of amusement in his face but I was too irritated to care. "Let me say this right now Mr. Awesome," I paused, "You're no better than anyone else here, compared to that so-called pest you seem like dirt a dog pissed on. Have a good evening gentlemen", slamming their bill on the table I then walked away from their table shouting "BILL IS 25 BUCKS AND 37 CENTS!"
I expected the boss to yell at me and I would probably get fired or in a heck amount of trouble, and I'm not saying it was worth it and all, but he deserved it. If he had just referred to me indirectly I would've just rolled my eyes and maybe spat in his food next time he came, but he was referring to people like me.

He was basically saying "I'm better than all of you people who have to work in this stinky fried food place that serves alcoholics daily." And I wasn't okay with that, I may have overreacted and yeah I have no excuse, but that's fine with me.

I headed to the bar to grab another drink for one of my tables when I heard footsteps behind me, then someone say "Hey you". I turned my body to face the voice and to my surprise I saw the chestnut haired guy from earlier, his expression, well... he looked amused.

That's all I could make out of it. I stared at him with confusion and then spoke. "Yes?" it sounded ruder than intended, but at this point who cared. I had literally just slapped and lectured his friend a few moments ago, I don't think it really mattered. "Do you take classes?" What-what kind of question is that, it's like asking someone if their dog is alive or something, it's so random. "Excuse me? If you need lessons on how to flirt I have a waitress for that" I responded chuckling. He didn't laugh though, a smirk just formed on his face. "Trust me I know how to flirt, you obviously do not." I'm taking it that he's referring to me slapping his friend.

I let out a laugh "Technically I wasn't trying to flirt, more like trying to teach a lesson." He sighed, "That's what every girl who slaps him says, I bet you they just want his number"

I scoffed, "Oh please, whoever wants his number is below desperate" The chestnut haired guy looked at me with an intrigued gaze "Oh so he doesn't look that least bit attractive?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed the glasses off the bar. "Be careful you might get them stuck in your head" he then had a laugh, I don't know why though. It sounded something like my mother would say, definitely not a comeback.

"Alrighty mother, I'll be leaving now." Not expecting a response I walked towards him heading to the table, but suddenly he grabbed my arm. "HEY! YOU'RE GONNA DROP IT" I panicked and stumbled on top of him. He then whispered into my ear so nobody else could hear it but me and him, "Don't forget to kiss mother goodbye" I froze, his voice echoing through my ear, it sent shivers down my spine. Certainly entertained by my reaction he then let go and I launched forward to a standing position.

I sighed and let out a groan "I'm too old for this but okay" I used my tippy toes trying to reach his height and kissed him on his cheek. Then with a large grin on my face I walked away, I felt his stare on my back trying to ignore it I started humming till I got to my table.

Tonight was gonna be exhausting

Fried LiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara