Chapter 8

Lila's pov
I began eating, taking smaller bits so I didn't over stuff myself. I ended up pinning back my hair a bit because it was in the way at the moment and it was easy to solve because I had my clip with me. 
        Brandon takes a sip of whatever was in his mug, "isn't that, Wills sweater?" Arny asked
          I nod a bit, "it was cold upstairs last night," I responded, then I felt a glare come from where Danny was sitting. I turn my head to him, "what?" I asked.
            He just shakes his head and looks away, to which I roll my eyes. We all soon after finished eating and went off on our own ways. I follow Will into a room, once inside he shut the door, "so this is my office," he said.
            The walls were littered with book shelf's going clear up to the ceiling, packed with books of all sorts, and the desk had stacks of books around it. There was also a table covered in open books with chairs around it.
           I couldn't help but notice the marks in the wooden floor, "this use to be the ball room?" I asked
           "No clue," he responded shaking his head a bit
            "I mean, the floor has all kinds of heal marks on it," I said
              "It could of been, but there's really no way to tell." He sighed, sitting down at his desk. "Feel free to grab a book or something, but I've got some work to do so I'll be here," he said grabbing a pen and one of the books off his desk.
                "What exactly, is your job?" I asked
                "Editor, I guess? I don't even know anymore. What was yours?" He asked
                 "Killing people for other people. It's called contracting, I'm an assassin." I responded
                  "So someone sent you to kill Danny?" He asked after. I nod, "so he was wrong," Will said, "he swore up and down that you wanted him dead, that you had it out for him specificity," he says after.
                   "Well I didn't then." I said, Will just chuckled a bit. "I will forever hold a grudge," I said after. Will shook his head softly with a bit of a laugh.
                   "What else do you like to do other than, killing people?" Will asked
                   "Umm, sewing. I like to make clothes as well I guess, music, be my fathers puppet," I said
                   He nods a bit, "ok, I can make that work. Once I'm done with this chapter here I'll go get you some stuff to keep yourself entertained," he said, looking up for a second, then back down to what he was working on.
                   I sigh a bit and sit down in one of the chairs, grabbing a random book off of one of the tons of shelves in the process. It wasn't super interesting but it would at least keep me entertained for now.
I ended up finishing the book before Will had finished what he was working on. Then finally will got up and placed his pen back in his pen cup.
"Alright I'm gonna go talk to Danny about something and then I'll come back here, I'll be right back," he say before he left the room and shut the door behind himself.

Wills pov
I make my way to Danny's office, leaving a soft knock on the door before I go in. He looks up from his paper, rasing his brow at me. When he did that it made me nervous.
"What? Will," Danny asked
"I-I was wondering if I could take Lila to the shops and get her some things she can do? Maybe." I said leaning against the door frame
"She's 100% your responsibility, Will, as long as you keep a close eye on here so she doesn't get away, I don't care, just don't lose her or you'll lose your life, got it?" He said in all seriousness.
I nod nervously, "yeah, yeah ok. Thanks. We're gonna go now so I'll see you guys in a bit," I said, then left and shut the door behind myself.

Lila's pov
I was waiting for Will to come back, and when he finally did he smiled a bit, "come on, we're going to the shops," he said leaning on the door.
"I thought I wasn't allowed to leave," I said, standing slowly
"Technically, your my responsibility now so," he said
"Oh so you own me?" I said sarcastically in a teasing manner
"T-that's not what I meant," he said nervously and blushed a bit
"I was being sarcastic," I said after. "Let me go downstairs and grab my shoes and then we can leave," I said, walking past him and to the steps.
I almost hesitated before going down the stairs, quickly I go into the bathroom and grab my shoes before I head back up the stairs. Once I get upstairs I sit down in one of the chairs in the hall to put them on.
             "Those are some serious heals," Will said with  a slight giggle
              "They are my favorite ones, easy to kick someone away and use as a weapon," I responded as I slip my feet into them, I then clip the buckles closed so they were in the way.
                "Alright, you ready to go?" Will asked as I stood
                "Yep, let's go," I responded and followed him out the door.